GPs ..do yous get to form your own or is your teacher giving you them like me? (1 Viewer)

yo gabba

HSC
So we'll be starting groups n shit when we go back to school ..
just wondering if your teachers are choosing your groups or if you get to decide?
we are getting them chosen for us.. :S
not that theres anyone i wouldnt want to be with
i just know who is dependant enough and who works well in a group...

zacmac1993

HSC
he mate, yeh our teachers are making out groups for us BUT we get to choose one person we want to be with and one person we dont... and there taking that into consideration but theres only 7 in the class so only 2 groups... and so i think it will be pretty easy for them to work out the groups

yo gabba

HSC
aw yeh sweet,
theres 8 in my class so 2 groups aswell..
my teacher said shes choosing and it dont matter what we say..i no she'll do right by us tho , so we can get th best maks possible. shes good like that. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Our teacher decided to do random pulls from a hat. However, it only took a few minutes of convincing to let us choose our own groups.

yo gabba

HSC
that would be nice lol
but somehow i dont think we would ever decide between us even if we could do that,,
although i know that I could decide for us :)

So Absolutezero, you do performance for your IP?
seems like you no alot about performance n shit from a few of th threads iv read .. how did you get started? what made you choose what to do your performance on?

I get the whole you no youll eventually find one fall in love with it .
or if you have something to say do it through th voice of your character .
or create a character you could relate to .
go on a journey.
get inspiration from songs poems movies theatre memories..
but i cant ,i get all these ideas then i go blank because i dont think i can take them anywhere??? .. any advice?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My IP Performance stemmed from what I enjoyed doing. I'd always loved the physical performances of Rowan Atkinson, and the work of other physical comedians. However, my problem with a lot of them is that they have no broader appeal, i.e. they rarely convey any social message. Hence, I set out to create a piece with was primarily mime/physical, and still conveyed an important message. I also felt this style would differentiate me from most other candidates.

I drew inspiration from a variety of text. The first major stimulus for me was waiting for Godot. The concept of waiting seemed like something I could explore. The other was an episode of "The Sideshow", where a cardboard box was used as a 'magic box'. Hence, I combined the two for my piece. The idea of boredom setting in, and the protagonist letting his mind go wild with a cardboard box. Obviously, it extends deeper and more involved than this, but that's the basic gist.

From then on, I began to do my research into silent theatre, developing the script as I went.

yo gabba

HSC
Sounds mad. sweet as.. thanks!,

i found a script with a character im goin to use now and im kindof working backwards, ive made the end where my character finds what shes been in search for,what the journey and conflict is about, and now im gettin the searching part down , LOVE that i know what im pre much goin to end up with ,, and theres comedy but still with an underlying message, so im happy as :spin:

123 B A N G

HSC
last year the teacher said that she would take in to consideration the preferences. But two people in the class really hate each other and they both put that they, under no circumstances, ever want to work together - she hates both of them so she put them together :chainsaw:. My teacher is picking groups, unfortunately he wont have us until next term so he doesn't know who works well at all....

yo gabba

HSC
She sounds like a great teacher :|
lol
Aw thats shit aye..!

metallic_bass

HSC
yeah.. we only have 4 students doing drama so i guess there was no choosing to do, we are together like it or not. and, we all work horribly together

joko2142

HSC
My teacher picked our groups based on who he likes, and my group is of people who've never been close but now we're the happier, more cohesive group :) I love my group!!!

HSC
Uni Grad
Ours is like, we write three lists, those that we want and can work with, those who we can but don't mind to work with & those who we can't work with at all. The teachers will sort out the groups for it. We did that once when we were doing performance of Aussie plays & I got a group that I can work with & it was so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)