GPs quit jobs (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
if i dont sit the ucat, what are my other options. should i start out with a different degree and then switch or how does it work.
yeah u'd sit the gamsat in ur second yr of undergrad (i think), and u should have a gpa in whatever degree ur doing (which is why ppl actually recommend 'easy' degrees compared to pre-med or sum so you can easily get consistently high grades).

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I'm aware of the competition as I go to a selective school. I believe some people do well in hsc not because they are naturally gifted but because of the help they receive from tutoring. They won't have that edge in uni. There are few ways to get into medicine if my atar is not high enough.
ngl i don't think anyone is "naturally gifted" without having worked hard or received extra help. tutoring doesn't determine how well u do in the hsc tho, a lot of ppl who've gotten 99+ never got tutoring in yr 11 and 12

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
yeh i have some friends who haven't gotten tutored ever and they will def get 99

s97127

HSC
ngl i don't think anyone is "naturally gifted" without having worked hard or received extra help. tutoring doesn't determine how well u do in the hsc tho, a lot of ppl who've gotten 99+ never got tutoring in yr 11 and 12
I'm talking abt top kids only. They all go to multiple tutoring places trying to get 99.95. Obviously they work hard.

s97127

HSC
Ik someone who was top 5 in english at JR from y7 to 11 without tutoring but fell off the top 20 in year 12 because she could not compete with other students who had private tutors.

s97127

HSC
no a lot of the top kids don't even do tutoring
half of them half jobs and do sport outside of school,,, and they still work incredibly hard
Are they white? Asian at selective always go to tutoring even if they might not need it.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I didn’t work hard at or, nor did I receive any extra help. But @s97127 is right, tutoring does bits at the top

s97127

HSC
I didn’t work hard at or, nor did I receive any extra help. But @s97127 is right, tutoring does bits at the top
You must be very smart. I don't think you're Asian :)
If white people are smart, they are really smart and they will do well in uni for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)