GPS recommendations (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sunny said:
Ahh but they do so much more! How else can they sell you new models? What em_516 was talking about with TMC will automatically reroute based on broadcasted traffic conditions. You can take phone calls through the GPS without taking your phone out when you're driving with bluetooth handsfree. TTS means you get street names read to you, and bigger screen means a easier to read map. They'll always come up with something new to make you buy the next model up!
WOW. Did NOT know that (about the phone), that's crazy!

CieL said:
What I was just trying to find out was why is there such huge price differences, and why certain brands are preferred over others, and if there's "levels" within brands..

I mean, I just thought the point of a GPS was to get you from point A to point B.
Yeh, I def. don't know a whole lot about it, but I often look at GPS units in brochures because I'd like to buy one one day (but they're so expensive!) and one thing I have definitely noticed is the more features, the higher the price *sigh*

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
get a tom tom, we use it it and it works pretty well and it isnt that expensive either

CieL

HSC
Urgh I recommend you to NEVER get a Navman.
They totally suck.
Like tonight.
Was driving home at 2:30am.. and at a t-intersection, it tells me to turn left.. so I look left and right, then I turn left......... then I was like, uhhhhhhh wtf why are cars parked on both sides of the street facing me?

Turns out it has told me to turn into a one way street facing the wrong way!!

Lucky it was "early" and there were no cars on the street at all.. so I chucked a u-ey straight away and went the right direction.. and my Navman kept telling me to chuck a u-ey back down the wrong way..

MissSarajevo

HSC
me too im buying navman s30 or tomtom asap . I need a gps that tell me speed camera location!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)