grad base in

m/a

and ecm

structured finance/leveraged

and state which firm

cheers!

khosanman

HSC
Sorry, these days you have to work pro-bono for the investment banks until times pickup.

MasterPUA

HSC
Re: grad salary in baking

3li said:
in sydney 2008-09

please give me accurate figures for

grad base in

wholemeal funding

back oven

front counter

and state which firm

cheers!
I know that boutique baking houses have cut bonuses so they are no better off than bulge brackets like Baker's Delight.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think kids will still kill each other for an ib job for 100k total comp this year

3li

HSC
N/A
ah fk

ill keep studying till everything gets better then grad aha

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
3li said:
ah fk

I notice that alot of acct/fin students about to graduate are now switching (well.. DID switch) their focus to accounting or are now planning to do a Masters due to the financial job market...

Rorix

HSC
3li said:
ah fk

Mate do you even have an offer? I think secure that before worrying about future plans!

No figures for 2008-9 since it's not even 2009 yet.

If I had to guess I'd think M&A would be around 120, ecm and dcm roles lower

EDIT: oh, just noticed you're talking about base. Should be 90kish across all those roles

ASNSWR127

HSC
too much for what you guys are do!

A grad paramedic with the ASNSW earns 38000 (for first year, srudent year) can you honestly say that a banker is worth more than that?

Or a soldier? or a police officr? or a teacher? or a nurse?

This world is wrong! get over your profit and put your no doubt solid academic results to good use!

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
A grad paramedic with the ASNSW earns 38000 (for first year, srudent year) can you honestly say that a banker is worth more than that?
Yes, without a doubt

The paramedic is paid less because the paramedic is worth less

Of course the worth I speak of is economical worth based on supply and demand rather than social worth

I dont think anyone could argue that they'd rather live without a para than a banker :p

Last edited:

ASNSWR127

HSC
Vagabond said:
Yes, without a doubt

The paramedic is paid less because the paramedic is worth less

Of course the worth I speak of is economical worth based on supply and demand rather than social worth

I dont think anyone could argue that they'd rather live without a para than a banker :p
or indeed actually live in a lot of cases.

How can economics make it into the health care field?? yuck

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Economics is relevant because despite your view that they aren't paid well enough I'd presume that there are enough worthy applicants filling the vacancies so that an increase in pay is not needed

sthcross.dude

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
or indeed actually live in a lot of cases.

How can economics make it into the health care field?? yuck
Economics comes into everything because everything is affected by scarcity.

It's easy to resort to the dramatic and say "this is peoples lives we're talking about."

But even if we should improve healthcare and pay paramedics more, there is a limit to how much spending on healthcare is optimal, or even possible.

I don't know what the supply of paramedics is like right now. But if we are in a situation where we are attracting enough skilled people to the profession, we have no reason to pay them significantly more than what they are prepared to work for.

It's also worth pointing out that the 38k figure is for people that are still learning alot on the job. The 100k figure is for a few coveted positions in investment banks. It is not representative of what most finance grads earn.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Vagabond said:
Economics is relevant because despite your view that they aren't paid well enough I'd presume that there are enough worthy applicants filling the vacancies so that an increase in pay is not needed
I am well aware it is relevant. I am merely saying it is a little disgusting how it has come to such a cold way of sorting worth.

ASNSWR127

HSC
It was more a reflective view on things not a 'relevant' or 'economics' view of things.

We will do that sort of job because it makes difference but in a world where everything is about money money money it would be nice for some of that to seep through to those that deserve it most.

sthcross.dude

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
It was more a reflective view on things not a 'relevant' or 'economics' view of things.

We will do that sort of job because it makes difference but in a world where everything is about money money money it would be nice for some of that to seep through to those that deserve it most.
After a few years of practicing medicine, plenty of money will seep your way.

On average your wage will be higher than people in the finance industry and you job will be more secure.

The only difference is you won't earn the huge wages that a few people at the very top earn.

ASNSWR127

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
After a few years of practicing medicine, plenty of money will seep your way.

On average your wage will be higher than people in the finance industry and you job will be more secure.

The only difference is you won't earn the huge wages that a few people at the very top earn.
yeah but I am not gonna practice medicine.

Intensive care Paramedic still only gets 72000 a year (with tax) which is why I am going to be an ADF Nurse.

Otherwise I would work for the ASNSW there is an example of the money making a difference.

and they are actually 500 short of paramedics .

MasterPUA

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
too much for what you guys are do!

Or a soldier? or a police officr? or a teacher? or a nurse?

This world is wrong! get over your profit and put your no doubt solid academic results to good use!
It doesn't take any special skill to throw an unconscious person into the back of an ambulance. It doesn't take any special skill to teach a six year old how to add and spell 'cat'. It certainly doesn't take any special skill to pull me over for doing 100 in a 60 zone.

The professions you mention certainly have challenges. The catch is that these challenges can be dealt with by the average person. Anyone can shoot at a bad guy, not anyone can underwrite a billion dollar IPO.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Just because your job is as a primary provider of care, I don't think that makes you more deserving of an income.

If we're going to look at this as a moral issue, I'd say the reason Australia has such a high standard of health care is because we are a wealthy nation. Therefore those who have done the most to generate wealth in this country, the highest tax paying citizens are the most virtuous and deserving, and have done the most to help ordinary people in every way.

You're not doing it for free, it's hardly virtous. If you don't like it, do something else and mabye they'll raise the wages.

ASNSWR127

HSC
MasterPUA said:
It doesn't take any special skill to throw an unconscious person into the back of an ambulance. It doesn't take any special skill to teach a six year old how to add and spell 'cat'. It certainly doesn't take any special skill to pull me over for doing 100 in a 60 zone.

The professions you mention certainly have challenges. The catch is that these challenges can be dealt with by the average person. Anyone can shoot at a bad guy, not anyone can underwrite a billion dollar IPO.
What about run IV fluid through an LOC pt? or give sched 8 drugs as pain relief? or spinal stabilisation? or driving through dangerous conditions? or listening to chest soundings? or reading an ECG? or manually defibrillating someone? or intubation?

Look up all of these skills and you might learn something. Paramedics are degree qualifies professionals which provide the very best pre-hospital care available to anyone in the world. I would pit most ICP's against most Dr's I know anyday of the week in pre-hospital setting.

Pit that against your billion dollars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)