Gravitational Potential Energy Question (1 Viewer)

chrishello08

HSC
N/A
Satellite X has its orbit around Earth changed from an alititude of 10 000km to an altitude of 20 000km. Satellite Y has its orbit around Earth changed from an alititude id 20 000km to an alititude of 30 000km. Both satellites have a mass of 500kg.

(a) Predict the amount of work done on X compared to the amount done on Y and explain your reasoning.

(b) Calculate the amount of work done on each satellite to see if your prediction was correct.

I've got the answer to part (a) but need one for part (b).

MrLuvable

HSC
Satellite X has its orbit around Earth changed from an alititude of 10 000km to an altitude of 20 000km. Satellite Y has its orbit around Earth changed from an alititude id 20 000km to an alititude of 30 000km. Both satellites have a mass of 500kg.

(a) Predict the amount of work done on X compared to the amount done on Y and explain your reasoning.

(b) Calculate the amount of work done on each satellite to see if your prediction was correct.

I've got the answer to part (a) but need one for part (b).
Thats the same question I'm stuck with, got part a), which was easy. But I cant seem to get part b).

Anyone help ? :)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
You basically have to find the initial Ep of each satelite, and final Ep. Then find the change in them, and you should have the correct answer. Can't be bothered doing all the working now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)