Group interview at Woolies (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Because I work there and they treat me like shit. It sucks working for a big company, because they're only worried about making money and you, the worker, mean jack to them.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i applied online at wollies lst week, how long do they take to ring u up if they even consider u

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
i applied online at wollies lst week, how long do they take to ring u up if they even consider u
They rang me about a month after i applied on the net

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i went to the interview with the deli manager today and some induction meeting is held next week...whatever that is

mememe

Hey i've got to go to one of these group interviews, any pointers? What are the tests or surveys on you've been speaking on? And what are the group questions you've been vocal on? Anything else i should know? Thanks! :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
appear intelligent, reliable, presentable and do the tests like their the easiest thing in the world...smile, be polite, laugh...stand out...and RELAX its only woolies its not like the pay is worth all the effort and stress

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
yes I did a group interview before, make sure you make yourself stand out by dressing properly. the group interview that I did involve practical as well (on spot demonstration)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
hey Suney_J i applied online last week as well for woolies...
hope i get the job... i applied for the postion of night filler

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Ok, for mememe and whoever else wanted to know, i can give a rundown of exactly what happened in my group interview
As a matter of fact i just got called in by woolies for an 2nd interview, so i can tell you what i did which probably made me stand out.
I'll be back soon with another post

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by mememe
Hey i've got to go to one of these group interviews, any pointers? What are the tests or surveys on you've been speaking on? And what are the group questions you've been vocal on? Anything else i should know? Thanks! :)
Ok:
-First i went in there and sat down behind my name tag, and the staff in the room introduced themselves (One spoke and organised, and 3 or so more sat around the room and observed throughout the process).
-Then we were split up into pairs, were given sheets with questions such as name, why you want to work at Woolworths (TIP - You might want to say something better than "for money" ie opportunities for advancement, good training) etc. One person asked the other peorson these Q's on the sheet and presented this info on their partner to the room at the end (TIP - They are no doubt looking at how well you communicate, so think about tht. Also, you should probably appear enthusiastic about what you're presenting to the room, so act like you give a shit). -Then we were shown a tedious sequence of overheads telling us stuff about woolworths positions, training etc (TIP - This didn't seem relevant to anything we did in the interview, so you no doubt needn't bother concentrating on it - i quickly zoned out).
Following this was scenario activities - we were split up into groups of 3/4 and given a card with a scenario on it. Ours had 4 situations, and we had to prioritise them as to which to act upon first. For example, one of mine was eggs broken on the ground, and another one was helping a customer find a product (TIP - in this case go for the safety issue first, and the convenience and service one second, but mention that the service is still essential, just not as urgent). You are being observed on how you communicate with your group (TIP - If possible take charge of the group while still asking for the other group members opinion, listening etc, and nominate yourself to read your groups response out loud). On the bottom of the sheet it also said what qualities we were being tested on, so read that.
-Next there was a 5 minute, 48 question test which consists of matching barcode type things together, and matching product orders together. It is not mentally challenging in any way, the hard part is the short time you get. you are being tested on both speed and accuracy, Don't worry about not finishing, i only got 32/48 questions completed. (TIP - make sure you are careful yet quick, use every second you have)
And i think finally the last thing i thnk we did was an opinion survey, where you have an answer from 1 (disagree strongly or something) to 10 (agree strongly or something) it might have been the other way around, but that doesn't matter. There was about 68 questions, and no doubt they are looking for answers which line up with their own ideals. (TIP - so it's probably best to think "what do they want me to say" rather than answer with your true opinion)
And thats pretty much everything that happened.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Fry

FadeToBlack - thanks for the tips, we all really appreciate it. gee, it sounds pretty hard to get into Woolies.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
gee, it sounds pretty hard to get into Woolies.
Does it?
I dont think its any harder than any other job, maybe the detail i posted in put you off a bit :p
Don't worry, at least half of your other group interview applicants will be tards

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
FadeToBlack - thanks for the tips, we all really appreciate it. .
Originally posted by mememe
Yeah thanks heaps fadetoblack!!! Really appreciate it. :)
no worries guys! i'm here to help ;)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I never had anything like it either. Just an interview, induction day and training day. It's not like they need to make it hard for people, if you're going to be working on the checkouts it's a brainless job.

mememe

Ahhh it's irrelevant now cos i've had the interview. It wasn't that bad actually, i liked the whole "group" aspect of it, made it sooooo less nerve racking. Plus i knew everything they were gonna throw at me thanks to FadeToBlack :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)