Group Members (1 Viewer)

slm86

HSC
Anyone know how to deal with a Group Performance member who is not only the worst actor in existence, (and thinks he's the best), and spends all rehearsals arguing or flirting with other members? Nobody wanted him, but we got stuck with him! I don't want him stuffing our performance!!!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, this has come up alot. Remember, YOU are marked individually. So if you and the rest of your group get a script together and tell them what to do and where to stand, you'll be fine. How good will you all look next to a block of wood! :)

kalinda

HSC
its really no skin off ur nose if he cant act
just get on with things and work on ur own acting and script
it doesnt matter if your not the greatest actor there are other things that have to be considered such as ur log book
so dont worry about him and worry about things such as ur script and makin your piece work

slm86

HSC
Drama group--thanx!!!

Both those comments make a lot of sense! Thanks people!!!!

HSC
Hi, sorry to butt in, this is jus what my drama teacher's told me. She said that back in her old school, this happens every year, where there's a bad actor/actress and he or she is always not wanted int a grp. (and ppl get bitchy...and cry ..and fight etc etc) and those grps often ended up with the top marks.

She said one year, this girl was really timid and shy and the grp all hated her. They didn't shove her in any role and told her to do this and that, but they sorta discovered her abilities slowly. ie. she was a fantastic scribe and kept the grp in order and let everyone's ideas come through, developing from each other. Then they sorta realised she was good at movement, her tall figure and all and she ended up doing a fantastic performance without very much to say, but heaps of physical stuff depended on her.

Sorry to blab, i hope this helps. I know you're marked individually, but if only you stood out from the performance...then the marker would sorta get the vibe the grp didn't really work. I'm sure everyone has a person they wanna get rid of in their group, but it'll work out in the end!! (well..dats what they all say anyway haha)

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Yeah but don't forget not to put down the bad actors by giving them really small parts because the markers wont like that and it's not, try to make them better, it will improve your performance overall.

Jezzame

i hear you... weve got a crap actor in our group aswell we point blank refuse to have her in the group. we had her once and she never ever turned up for rehearsals and only comes to a coupla classes at school!

sammyg

i second JEZZA
oh man, look, the best thing to do is like pretend there not there...and in our case, she never is anyways :). but i know its a problem, but this will get ya even more pissed:

they are possibly screwing up YOUR hsc because they are simply stupid and too much attitude

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
well i got a great group so im happy! all of the girls are heaps nice and so different so its good! plus they are more loud than me so miss reckons theyre gonna bring me outta my shell

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by TheBirdMustFly
Yeah but don't forget not to put down the bad actors by giving them really small parts because the markers wont like that and it's not, try to make them better, it will improve your performance overall.
Thats REALLY important as well, cause i think it said it in the notes from the marking centre, every member should have an equal part... You are all the stars!!! lol (sori, private joke)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Well I've gotta say. The person in your group is probably a shit actor, and you probably don't get along with them outside of drama, and they're arrogant.

Did you know I have a person just like that in my class!? And I'm from country NSW. But...
Onto the business end of things. No matter what, you have to get along with this person cause ignoring them, being rude or not giving them equal opportunities will cause rifts in the group and you DON'T have time for it. This person, if they perform at all, does contribute to the coherancy and running of your piece so you cannot ignore them even though we know that we get marked individually.

I know what ppl like you're describing are like...and don't tell me...he doesn't like taking direction.

Try...all I can say is try...and patience. Good Luck. May the force be with you...lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)