Group progress???? (1 Viewer)

EroticCity

Group progress???? Unwanted members.......

Hi just wondering how everyone is going with their group performances and if ur nearly finished? We arent even 1/2 way - sighs. Also, has everyone made some progress with the "difficult people in their group" or somewhat "bad actors" that dont seem to pull their weight? My member is causing just as much problems as when we first started. Is anyone as frustrated as me - or am i the only one?

Last edited:

sammyg

Arrrrrrhhhhh

hey i think we're all in the same boat. so much to do but we've got trials in one week and dunno how its all gunna come together. the main thing we're trying to do is be as cohesive as a group as possible (u know, just try and look past all the differences) cause the markers will pick up on the fact if you're together as a group or just hate each other. i know its really hard to get past that and then also try and get individual members to pull their weight. just gotta try and keep the peace and keep it together. best of luck.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
We performed ours at our school's drama showcase last week and it went pretty well, we just need to finetune a few bits and pieces.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Our assessed trials are only on our GP's so we have that this coming Wednesday. We are freaking out. We only just finished the piece on Friday, so we're a little unprepared, but I guess that is what a "trial" is for.

I'm freaking out...haven't acted in front of people since last year...haven't been on stage since year 9, so I'm soo scared!

Innocent eyes

we performed our group performace last thursday as an assement task in front of parents and teachers we don't get alot of time to practise because i don't live in town so its a bit hard for us to resherse when one member of the group can't practise and we perform it in front of the HSC examiners on the 30th of this month not long.

haggles

HSC
all i can say is: there's only 2 people in my year 12 drama class - (and we have an absolute HACK for a teacher)

"how can that be?" i hear you all ask - "well," i answer "we begged our teacher to let us do it, saying we'll do great, we'll be fine, blah blah blah, and now, in our group performance, we have to use year 11 people to make up the amount of people, it kinda sucks, since they don't get marked on it or anything, but we're gonna totally kick their asses if they screw up. " (end of rant)

also, we're practicing... like ALL THE TIME! i know this thing like the back of my hand (hey, what's that on the back of my hand? a freckle? i never knew i had that... hmmmm.....)
we don't perform it till like week 6 or so(like august... after the trials) , i think... weird...

good luck everyone...

niteshade1312

HSC
you only have 2 people.. wow drama must not be veyr popular!! In my case we have 4 students and 8 are in my class.

On-The_Vrge

HSC
My class only has 3 ppl n there is no yr 11 class so it doesn't look good for our school. As for our performance i must say it's goin crappy we only started even making progress bout 2 weeks ago so were pretty much screwed but well probably pull through in the end.......... hopefully!!

niteshade1312

HSC
thats soo weird.. that you have no one in your classes, only because my drama classes have always been really big. So then how do you exercise your performance skills and gain criticism, other than from teh teachers, because i like talking to the year 11's to get their ideas?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
My Gp is going very well we have finished all ours scenes and we have scripted it and everything now all it is, is practise practise practise ..... Our Trails is next wednesday so i think that we will go ok

niteshade1312

HSC
Yeah, my group just needs practise, and funnily we have taken a whole new turn around from the last performance and have been trying new things, which have been really great.. so its practise now!

kristie87

HSC
we've got like, 4 people in our drama class...
Our trial assessment GP is next wednesday, tragically...but lately we've been making rather good steam thanks to the encouragement of a rather awesome uni prac teacher (a nice change from our usual critically judgemental environment), although difficult members still prove to be unco, but i suppose nothing can change that...
So now it's up to the weekend rehearsals and after school practices to pull it together for trials.
[Hopefully] Good Times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)