Group (1 Viewer)

fringey

HSC
So how is every going with group?? Any1 stuck with ppl they hate?

Leon_Phelps

Nah we got to choose our own groups so its pretty cool. We have 3 in our group... the three of us came 1st 2nd and 3rd respectively last year, we worked together then too so we are feelin pretty confident.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i got a great group (all top of the range performers) except one dude who is coming last in the class so we good students have to try and help him act or some crap

its silly

Trina85

HSC
Hi, yeh we got to sorta choose our group..we had to write down who we wanted and who we didnt and with a class of 24 ppl that was hard!! but i managed to get in a group i liked..4boys and 1 girl which is me!! we r in a real big hole right now!! we did our first asses and it was ok..but we realised it wasnt going n e where so we decided to change idea completly and now we r stuck. All members of group are really talented in different ways...we got an awsome singer, a really good music making man, and 2 really good actors and well me..i can dance so we could make something really different and incorperate all our talents but so far i cannot see that happening!! GROUP WORK IS SO STRESSFUL!!

Nicoleigh

It's tricky with group, because it's not like you can do it the night before... not that we do..

There's so much more in drama that others don't understand. Do you guys feel like the rest of the school looks down on drama as a bludge subject??

Trina85

HSC
Yes, people at my school do look down on it as a type of bludge subject and i guess yes it was in year 10 but year 11 and 12 its full on and i would have to say that it is my most pressured subject. Because we have nearly 40 people out of 100 in our year doing it for their HSC there is a higher acceptance of it than ever before, and most people hear about how hard it is...so yes and no for my skool!

fringey

HSC
For sure. It is one of my most demanding subjects. It's like english but harder!! Especially the essays I son't really understand the difference between english ones and them, oh well!!

Nicoleigh

lucky for you guys... there are 13 ppl out of 200 in my grade and we get the downsized looks from everyone.
Doesn't help it in the least. Funny thing is, the year below has 2 classes.. do you think drama is a fad for junior years?

ruski_gal

our drama class only has 7 in it and we have 2 groups one with 4 and one with 3. My group (the group of 4) are going ok. But i agree that drama is looked on as the kinda not really worth it subject. We had a drama night at our school the other week for people to practice their HSC performances both IP's and GP's. It makes you feel like its not worth it when only about 20 people turn up.
And I agree that its stressful. Im doing performance for my IP too and learning 2 scripts and working on 2 performances as well as reading plays and watching others, it gets on top of me sometimes!!

jaNetix

most ppl in my skool think of the actors as the creative ones..they like us
theres only 6 ppl in my grade doin it...so my class is pretty tite
my group of 3 is doin fine...we had our ass nit performace in week 9 of term 3.....every1 loved it...
theres alot we'll change...but we'll be fine.
we do argue a bit tho, coz we all want it our way...kind of...
im havin trouble writing the essays this yr...juz the stoopid bush/city unit!..it sux!!!

Uggy

every single one of our groups in our class has had a huge fight! it took us weeks to get into groups as there was 2 people who no one wanted to be with. then a few weeks ago, the groups that didnt fight in the first place have all fallen apart and hate each other. god drama is fun..... this one girl never turns up to school and she was one of the ones that no one wanted, for that exact reason, so she was very nicely taken on by a group as she promised to be here, but of course, is not. grrrrrrr. i feel bad, for them, coz they have to put up w/ her shit.

jaNetix

yeah.. i feel heaps sorry 4 groups like dat, coz it full screws da good ppl over!!
need to learn some committment
i guess it makes me appreciate my group more....even tho we all get pissed....
dramas a drama

fringey

HSC
somehow it sounds like our school as well. sigh......there is alway the typical drama loud mouth queen and the chick that just doesn't come to skool.

Uggy

Originally posted by fringey
there is alway the typical drama loud mouth queen.
those are the worst kind, we have one of those too.... is yours convinced that she'll get into NIDA? (PFFFFFFFFFFT)

fringey

HSC
Funny and u may not believe me but YES!! Perhaps we go to the same skool!!!

Uggy

hmmmm then i better be careful what i say.

has anyone in anyones class had an accident, thats made them unable to perform/rehearse? a girl in my class hurt her foot at netball, and is stuffed up for 6 weeks, and her performance was really movement based :( poor thing

fringey

HSC
No so we mustn't. Thats really bad, im sure she might be able to get misadventure though.

skankin snails

that so sucks ass.. poor thing! i hope she does well!

as for the other stuff...
my drama class is like 10 people.. and we did the same thing as a couple of you guys to choose our groups.. we wrote down who we didnt want to work with, and who we did. then our teacher and an x drama student chose our groups for us.. and after tanties and tears we got our groups... one of 4 and two of 3... i'm so happy with mine.. i have one of my best friends in it with me.. and we have exactly the same humour.. Monty Python styles! ;) AND the other chick in my group i worked with last year.. and our group worked well!.. so yea, im happy with my group.. NOW!...

lmao.. we so werent working earlier on in the year... we went from ballerinas and little kids to a satire on american detectives!! lmao...

whats everyone else's performances about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)