Guild elections (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
noone said you did mr bambul
say hi to omid for me !

fidel_castro

HSC
gman03 said:
Hey babydoll_ how come I don't see you among those people handing out flyers? :p

To fidel_castro: I agree, I got a copy of tharunka yesterday night and read it and have the exact same feeling... Let's hope CHANGE takes the first preference vote ... ... ...

I also notices most of the description, except most from the CHANGE candidates, uses some kind of a mail-merge template.... SOOOOOO uncreative. I "surely" want people to be like that!!
If everyone picked up a guide, didn't accuse people of being a clown because of what's actually published and Voice just admitted that they are just liberals disguised as lefties (half of them anyway) and that the other half just sold out, then this world would be a much better place. There is nothing as bad as a liberal disguised as a labour leftie wearing the communist red colour, talking about unionism.

I just hope that my ranting has made at least a few people aware of how important it is to make an informed choice.

Mr Bambul, I truly understand what you meant from an older comment from another post regarding elections. Student politics is gay and should be avoided. I will take up on that advice from next year onwards.

MrGman, you and I are not the only people who know this. There are lots of angry people out there, but I guess Voice has taken advantage of the fact that students are too apathetic and too lazy to revolt. Also, their unwillingness to write their own personal blurb just goes to show their true 'passion' towards student welfare. That is, "copy + paste." How insulting. Extremely frightening. I can't wait till I leave this hellhole.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
hey these could be the last few yrs of true student political activism (no matter how self-interested the candidates appear to be). i say, soak up the atmosphere while u can...once its gone, it will be gone forever.

is a roflcopter
HSC
haha calling Voice liberals.
Change has effectively given up, they didnt even sit out the last session.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
gman03 said:
Hey babydoll_ how come I don't see you among those people handing out flyers? :p
I had class and 4 assessments this week, and I care more about my uni marks than politics
Newbie said:
haha calling Voice liberals.
Change has effectively given up, they didnt even sit out the last session.
eh, well who cares anymore anyway

LET'S GO CRAZY BROADWAY STYLE

Sarah

HSC
N/A
§eraphim said:
hey these could be the last few yrs of true student political activism (no matter how self-interested the candidates appear to be). i say, soak up the atmosphere while u can...once its gone, it will be gone forever.
Well in all my years at UNSW, there hasn't been that much student political activism.

is a roflcopter
HSC
the primary votes have been counted

Voice : 775
Action : 96
Change : 69
Stop VSU : 15
Young and Dangerous : 13
Put one in the box : 10

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
the primary votes have been counted

Voice : 775
Action : 96
Change : 69
Stop VSU : 15
Young and Dangerous : 13
Put one in the box : 10
What does primary votes mean?

And do those numbers represent the total number of people who voted (without preferences from the smaller parties going to the larger ones) ?

is a roflcopter
HSC
yep
the numbers do not include preferences
with preferences i think Voice was on 900 something

primary votes are those who have chosen a team as their first preference; ie 13 people chose Young and Dangerous as their first preference

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Its funny that only 0.03% of the student population voted (going by people voting above the line)

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think the low turnout can be attributed to several things

1. the confusion on the situation of VSU in the minds of students, many people think that they dont have to pay this year

2. the earlier cutoff for electoral rolls which have meant that less students were considered financial members of the guild

3. lack of competition between teams.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
or, the fact that the left runs bullshit groups that mean nothing to actual students?
Do you mean economic left or social left?

is a roflcopter
HSC
wikiwiki said:
or, the fact that the left runs bullshit groups that mean nothing to actual students?
nah i think my 3 reasons are more valid

gman03

HSC
Newbie said:
nah i think my 3 reasons are more valid
if people wants guild they would pay fees, and so they would want NO VSU -> Voice.

if people don't want to pay fees, they can't vote -> can't vote anything against Voice.

Its a Win-Win situation for Voice i gathered.

Still I believe if Guild is to run by Women it would be more secured.. just my thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)