Guitar (1 Viewer)

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
Hi,
I dont know if this belongs in this area or not (sorry if it doesn't)... I am just wondering if u can buy the outside bit of guitar (aco.) and paint it yourself and put one all together. My bf is a huge guitar player and i think he would like one but i am not sure firstly if it is possible and secondly where to find it if it is....Any ideas would be brilliant! Cheers :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Rhi Kate said:
Hi,
I dont know if this belongs in this area or not (sorry if it doesn't)... I am just wondering if u can buy the outside bit of guitar (aco.) and paint it yourself and put one all together. My bf is a huge guitar player and i think he would like one but i am not sure firstly if it is possible and secondly where to find it if it is....Any ideas would be brilliant! Cheers :)
hmmm...well if you dont know what your doing...i would recommend against it...
It is a precise instrument and it sounds like you havent dealt with much (if any) guitars before :eek:

So what exactly do you want? do you just want a painted guitar? or.....

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
You are correct i do not have any idea about g-tars ( my more fav name for the instrument) - I am learning to play however lol
I want one that i have had something to do with. I thought i could possibly build one then i thought i might buy a cheaper one and sand it back and paint it? Then it could just be one to look at - silli ideas hey
He is g-tar mad and i wanted to do something g-tar'ish for him but i cant afford the electrics he likes ( $'000?) so?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Rhi Kate said:
You are correct i do not have any idea about g-tars ( my more fav name for the instrument) - I am learning to play however lol
I want one that i have had something to do with. I thought i could possibly build one then i thought i might buy a cheaper one and sand it back and paint it? Then it could just be one to look at - silli ideas hey
He is g-tar mad and i wanted to do something g-tar'ish for him but i cant afford the electrics he likes ( $'000?) so?
thats what i was goin to suggest...buy a cheaper nylon string guitar, sand back the varnish, paint and revarnish. Then it would be a functioning guitar that you "made" .

no offence but i doubt your built one would be any good...(hell mine wouldnt be top shit either)

Yeah....hes probably drooling over the expensive Gibsons :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rhi Kate said:
Hi,
Buy him one of the cheap $20 guitars from go-lo and shit, and decorate it, im sure the thought will be there, i enjoyed that gift from my ex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)