Gwen Harwoods Poetry my asses :S (1 Viewer)

~Blondie~

HSC
Hey Guys, im new....
I was wondering if anyone could please help me with my assesment.
The task:
"why should people find different meanings in the text if they think the work is by the morning housewife in the broom cupboard and not the afternoon genius in the romantic golden light?
'we all have one human heart'. You will find out what i understand (or fail to understand) bu looking at the words i use."
-An abstract from lamplit presences by Gwen Harwood

:-Discuss this extract and how your understanding of harwoods poetry has been influenced by its continuing relevance today.

We have to use three poems studied, weve only done "the glass jar", "prize giving", "at mornington" and "alter ego", as we are behind.
According to our english head, it is suggested we do: a romantic reading, religious reading and gender.....not psychoanalitical or post modern etc...:S, im so stressed out im sick! :( please help if you can in anyway. thankyou!

monique199016

HSC
This was probly posted about a million years ago.
But, try not to do a biblical reading. Although in 'The Glass Jar' biblical references are common, they still do not perform the task they are suppose to do.
For example, after all the biblical references, you would think that the child will be saved from his nightmares, however, "hope fell head long from its eagle height" and "to worse dreams he went". The biblical references are suppose to be there to provide a kind of miracle relief, however, they do quite the opposite. In the child's eyes, his faith and his family betray him.

Thus, it is the failure of everything associated with religion, as well as with even parental love that emphisises the need for the individual to find resources to save her/himself with his/her own person, that is through experience through which, according to a romantic reading, the child becomes an adult.

The last paragraph was from one of my books on gwenny.
so i hope that helps someone..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)