GWS Giants withdraw offer to Lance Franklin as Swans offer is taken up. (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
I can't believe that this has happened. Now the popularity of AFL is definitely going to drop in Western Sydney.

Preview.jpeg

Thoughts?

crazy_paki123

HSC
mind blown. Next year Swans will have Tippo, Buddy, Hannebery, Jack, Jetta, O'Keefe, Shaw, Grundy, Richards, Pyke, LRT etc if we dont win the premiership with that team

the_one_1

HSC
mind blown. Next year Swans will have Tippo, Buddy, Hannebery, Jack, Jetta, O'Keefe, Shaw, Grundy, Richards, Pyke, LRT etc if we dont win the premiership with that team
I agree. But you forgot. Jack... x2 :haha:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I was mindblown and had the new tweeted to me. You beat me in making a thread. :(

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I must say, no one saw this coming, although in 2011, we speculated.

the_one_1

HSC
So... Sydney Swans definitely 2014 premiers and Giants bottom 4 possibly.

crazy_paki123

HSC
The Swans are SO good in managing their roster. Its funny watching the other clubs bitch about it. This year Jude, Morton and Mattner retired plus apparently Jesse White, Luke Parker, Craig Bird and Mumford will most likely leave. Others can cry foul but i say genius list management from the 2014 Premiers

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Swans are cheats, they have a 10% living allowance which no other team does. Besides, Franklin isn't that good of a player anyways. If he were, he'd go to GWS.

crazy_paki123

HSC
Umm... living in Sydney is much more expensive than Melbourne so the allowance is justified for Sydney Swans and GWS. Swans list management is brilliant, Morton, Jude, and Mattner retired, looks like White, Mumford and Criag Bird will leave too, providing plenty of space in the cap. Typical whinging jealous Melbournians.

crazy_paki123

HSC
although i wouldve preferred Heath Shaw and a few more back up players for that money rather than getting Buddy for what looks like 9 years. Tbh i think the Swans have made a mistake here

the_one_1

HSC
Shane Mumford has chosen the cheaper option and moved (drove) to the Giants where as Franklin has taken an airline ticket to Sydney...

All I can say... Smart choice by Mumford moving to a place which costs less for him to move. (Also, no need to buy a new house).

(What I mean is... Shane Mumford uses his petrol only to move where as Buddy needed to by a house, airline ticket to move. :p)

tsdylan

HSC
Shane Mumford has chosen the cheaper option and moved (drove) to the Giants where as Franklin has taken an airline ticket to Sydney...

All I can say... Smart choice by Mumford moving to a place which costs less for him to move. (Also, no need to buy a new house).

(What I mean is... Shane Mumford uses his petrol only to move where as Buddy needed to by a house, airline ticket to move. :p)
But with the money he'll be making i doubt he'll care.

tsdylan

HSC
I really hope the swans don't let go of Luke Parker, he's one of the best young stars in the AFL...

Elisa Sweet

HSC
although i wouldve preferred Heath Shaw and a few more back up players for that money rather than getting Buddy for what looks like 9 years. Tbh i think the Swans have made a mistake here
No! You cannot have Heath Shaw!

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Umm... living in Sydney is much more expensive than Melbourne so the allowance is justified for Sydney Swans and GWS. Swans list management is brilliant, Morton, Jude, and Mattner retired, looks like White, Mumford and Criag Bird will leave too, providing plenty of space in the cap. Typical whinging jealous Melbournians.
Don't think its THAT much more to be worth the 10% allowance. Besides, they got Tippett and Franklin in two consecutive years - two expensive players.

Melbournians have a right to whinge about the game, they invented it :p

crazy_paki123

HSC
well Heath Shaw is likely to leave but probs not the Swans. And its not the Swans fault that you Melbourne ppl wanted to make it a national sport. Plus please remind me how many times the Pies travelled interstate in 2013?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)