Hack Alert (1 Viewer)

lgm

HSC
Hi Everybody,

There is a new trojan virus that is bypassing firewalls and virus scanners at the moment, my friends and people I know on line have noticed the same thing - as yet I don't think it is to damage your computer - just to gain personal data.

Now the file is diguising itself as a neccesary component of your computer usually as a ...host.exe file, on mine it was svchost.exe - the virus is compiled to send out direct notification to the hackers everytime you connect to the internet.

My McAfee security did not pick up on the file - it's only when I noticed that I had an extra svchost.exe running in my registry that i realised something was wrong, anyway Norton and McAfee are unable to delete or quarantine this file. And doing it manually is almost impossible as you don't know which is the real svchost.exe file (that is critical for your PC working) this virus also installs invisible components - for example McAfee did identify C:\Windows\System32\Drivers as a dangerous threat but was unable to find a specific file and obviously could not quarantine or delete it - there was also a host of PUPS that were unable to be deleted.

Now this is not from downloading something from the web - I have not downloaded something for ages.

Does anybody else know of a very very powerful detector/killer that would help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)