Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
Oh dear, I have a horrible, horrible feeling about my English paper.

Section I- I think I did OK. That is it, OK, I don't think I grasped the concepts and explained them too well.

Section II- Wrote flat out and wrote a three page story in twenty minutes. I am scared however, I am not sure if I convered what I was supposed to, I wrote about a man who is broken away from his family, gets kicked out, walks down the street, finds a dero man, who will be him in the future. He has an apiphany, and realises if he does not reform, he will be like the derolict man. I said at the end, he had an inner journey, but I am not even sure I answered the question correctly.

Section III-Wrote a four page essay, based mainly on the Tempest.

I should pass, but I am looking to break into the 90+'s. Ah well, it is not assessable for the HSC, so that is a blessing I guess.

Maths tomorrow :uhoh:

Jess007

HSC
good luck in ur maths tomorrow Muz,,,you should be right

your section II sounds good...

i dont think i put in enough quotes and techniques in my section III.. hopefully i did. im aiming for 85-90% in that test....my story was 3.5 pages... in 40 mins. the best story ive written, not sure if it covered the journey.but we'll see.
anyone do geography? thats tomorrow, im definately going to study all tonight!!

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
tania O said:
im u need to do bout 3 to 4 pages thats wat our english teacher said at least our ones are 2morrow
As in all up or for each section?

Jess007

HSC
in mine we had to use the song 'taxi'- harry chapin.... good song to use for a related text for Journeys if anyone needs one

Muz4PM

HSC
Jess007 said:

i dont think i put in enough quotes and techniques in my section III.. hopefully i did. im aiming for 85-90% in that test....my story was 3.5 pages... in 40 mins. the best story ive written, not sure if it covered the journey.but we'll see.
Thanks for the luck. I tend to over analyse and second guess myself after an exam. but meh. I am sure you would have done fine in your essay. Is yours counting towards the HSC?

Good luck for Geography, I don't do it, but I do remember some concepts from Year 7-10 LOL.

danz90

HSC
First half yearly exam was English.. today - 9 - 11am

Section I - some ok texts, I think i did some fairly solid responses, but probably gonna get around 12 or 13/15 there.

Section II - question was copied out of the 2005 HSC Paper... and I wrote a fairly short story... 2.5 pages. Hoping for 13/15

Section III - I think i did really well here... as I had memorised an entire essay template for physical journeys, I just tweaked it a bit for the question.. wrote 4.5 pages.

All up, i wrote 10 pages in the entire exam.... which I'm pleased with. I don't think I did anything fatal.. well I hope not.

NEXT UP.... Maths 2u + IPT on Thursday (2 day break wooot)

cs01001

HSC
Jess007 said:

Yeah, I do Geo. Maths in the morning and then Geo in the afternoon. :eek:

danz90

HSC
cs01001 said:
Yeah, I do Geo. Maths in the morning and then Geo in the afternoon. :eek:
Morning + Afternoon Exams = :angry:
The remainder of my half yearlies are all in that format... ie 3 more days all up of exams.... but 2 exams each day.. ughh..

Good luck for Maths + Geo :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Economics

20 m/c
40 marks q's on CAD, tarrif and SEA/LA case study.

essay on brazil-->6 pages
essay on SOL-->4 pages

was pretty meh

Hope i did g00d.

cs01001

HSC
risole91 said:
Economics

20 m/c
40 marks q's on CAD, tarrif and SEA/LA case study.

essay on brazil-->6 pages
essay on SOL-->4 pages

was pretty meh

Hope i did g00d.
Someone's confident! :p Haven't looked at Eco a bit, that's only next Friday. I still remember most of the stuff from Topic 2 though, since we had an assessment on that whole chapter a few weeks ago. Good luck with remaining exams.

danz90 said:
Morning + Afternoon Exams = :angry:
The remainder of my half yearlies are all in that format... ie 3 more days all up of exams.... but 2 exams each day.. ughh..

Good luck for Maths + Geo :)
Thank You. Best wishes with remaining exams! I am not overly pissed off with the timetabling, cause I have seen some with even worse ones.

Off to study again. ;)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
cs01001 said:
Someone's confident! :p Haven't looked at Eco a bit, that's only next Friday. I still remember most of the stuff from Topic 2 though, since we had an assessment on that whole chapter a few weeks ago. Good luck with remaining exams.
confident, not that much, hopefully i got 85+ rank one.
thats my g0al.

We arnt finished topic two yet.

danz90

HSC
cs01001 said:

Thank You. Best wishes with remaining exams! I am not overly pissed off with the timetabling, cause I have seen some with even worse ones.

Off to study again. ;)
cheers ;)

lol we had a damn eco assessment last friday, right before half yearlies... go figure. it was on topic 2... like 10 m/c questions, and an essay on the implications of CAD.

BamBam90

HSC
Two exams today.

English was okay. I could've done with a bit more time...

Royally screwed up Legal.a.and that's the one i put the most effort into studying :mad:

parnell8

HSC
Muz4PM said:
Oh dear, I have a horrible, horrible feeling about my English paper.

Section I- I think I did OK. That is it, OK, I don't think I grasped the concepts and explained them too well.

Section II- Wrote flat out and wrote a three page story in twenty minutes. I am scared however, I am not sure if I convered what I was supposed to, I wrote about a man who is broken away from his family, gets kicked out, walks down the street, finds a dero man, who will be him in the future. He has an apiphany, and realises if he does not reform, he will be like the derolict man. I said at the end, he had an inner journey, but I am not even sure I answered the question correctly.

Section III-Wrote a four page essay, based mainly on the Tempest.

I should pass, but I am looking to break into the 90+'s. Ah well, it is not assessable for the HSC, so that is a blessing I guess.

Maths tomorrow :uhoh:
lol im not gonna lie i prob failed so get ova it ya freak lol

when u look up n only have like 30 mins to write an essay i figured im fuked haha oi muz be a good lad n send me the legal summary man n also help me wit maths i started studin n its so confusin i need a tutor booth is a knob

ur not goin to be pm that is all

Muz4PM

HSC
parnell8 said:
lol im not gonna lie i prob failed so get ova it ya freak lol

when u look up n only have like 30 mins to write an essay i figured im fuked haha oi muz be a good lad n send me the legal summary man n also help me wit maths i started studin n its so confusin i need a tutor booth is a knob

ur not goin to be pm that is all
Fuck you, do your own you lazy bastard. Lol. I maybe able to help you tomorrow lmao.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Re: Half Yearly Results ONLY (No Spam)

You all have received your results back already?
Insanity!
We won't get ours back until next term, i.e. a month after the exams have been completed!
That's probably due to the size of our year (200) but I still wish I had them back so I won't stress myself wondering what I received.

olicooper2004

HSC

OH MY GOD~
WE HAVENT EVEN HAD OUR HALF YEARLIES YET!!!
ADVICE!! PLEASE!!!
IM STARTING TOMORRO!!!:uhoh:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

olicooper2004 said:
OH MY GOD~
WE HAVENT EVEN HAD OUR HALF YEARLIES YET!!!
ADVICE!! PLEASE!!!
IM STARTING TOMORRO!!!:uhoh:
stay on the internet, keep on posting on bos.

Jess007

HSC

calm down :) lol

nah half yrlys r shit imagine the stress lvls of other students and ull be fine..

a lot of us are feeling the same way:)

stay sane :p

Santy

HSC
Yay i finished my half yearly exams :p so excited ! Good luck to all yet to do them :) best wishes and study hard...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)