Half yearly (1 Viewer)

Bijs

HSC
I have done all of them except IPT and Physics (we started on the 29th March).

Here are my subject and results (for the ones that have been marked)

English: 29/35
Maths: 65/72
3 Unit maths: 39/48

And I've done Biology (today) and Chemsitry without any results.
IPT is tomorrow and Physics is next Monday (I do it by distance ed).

taki999

HSC
hopeles5ly dude why do do guys get a listening paper at all? Im in standard too and only ESL did a listening test for half yearlys. The only thing i fine hard about english is that you have to write quick and you dont have time to think what else i need to put into the exam that stands out.

P

pLuvia

Well did alright in English, screwed up Jap Ext speaking, and chemistry. And stuffed up Jap Cont listening, did pretty bad these half yearlies :(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
taki999 said:
hopeles5ly dude why do do guys get a listening paper at all? Im in standard too and only ESL did a listening test for half yearlys. The only thing i fine hard about english is that you have to write quick and you dont have time to think what else i need to put into the exam that stands out.
something that i've been wondering as well =/

Bijs

HSC
Probably so they get good assessment marks.....

katy-g

HSC
Ive finished all my exams... besides my hour exam for dance theory on friday but that should be ok.

English was fine, but ive always been good at english. Maths... eeek. I dont wanna say i did well... in case i bomb out completely. Numbers and i have never been friends, but i think i did ok.
Community and Family Studies was ok, a couple of the extended responses were a bit dodgy due to lack to time... but i suppose that all comes down to poor time management... i need to buy a stopwatch.
Modern History was a breeze. i loved that exam, i seriously think that will be my highest mark.
Dance Prac was shocking... i was sick with the flu and my ankle ligaments proved to be insecure yet again... stacking it in my Core Performance examination.... and then not attempt my Viva Voce. Alas... composition was slightly better.

ANYWAY, hoping that Dance theory will be ok on friday...

I'll just be glad when its all over.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!!!!! Sorry is it just me who is majorly freaking out! Come on I figured it out today and just for the half yearly's I have to write 11 essays how are we supposed to remember 11 essays worth of stuff (cry)

bonnie04

HSC
3 exams down. 5 to gooo!
comparatively speaking, the majority of people seem to have between 4-6 exams in my school.
...and i have 8.
i can feel myself burning out soon.
:(

milk biskit

HSC
i got rather high marks for my half yrlys and ranks at skool were up today, and what your overall mark is for each subject so far, yay, i can afford to really enjoy myself these coming holidays.

eng (adv)-5th, 93%
maths 2u-2nd, 97%
chem-3rd, 94%
phys-3rd, 95%
modern-2nd, 95%
eco-4th, 92%

Target UAI- 99.**

2006 HSC Subjects: English (Advanced), Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Modern History, Economics

kathereend

HSC
Yeh I've almost finished doin my half yearly exams .. just one more exam to do! YAY! but all the exams I've done was really hard, I didnt expect it to be that hard! :( But oh wells. Theres always the trials.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
JUST HAD MY FIRST HALF YEARLY EXAM TODAY sorry left caps on it was preety hard as it was english my least fav sub but i have still got 3 more exams to go!!!!!!!!!! man u all are so smart there is no way ill be boasting any exam marks any time sooon

lindamichelle1

HSC
Hey
I know mine start Tommorrow!! OMG!
I'm gonna fail LOL
English is tommorrow.
Then I have one every day till next Tuesday:bomb: lol

Justin

HSC
Religion (1 unit) - 100%
SDD - 98%
English (Advanced) - 97%
English Extension 1 - 95%
2 unit Mathematics (Adv) - 92%
Chemistry - 90% (Feww.. not bad for learning a topic 1 week before the exam)
Modern History - 88%
Philosophy (Theory of Knowledge). - 33/50 (meh)

Religion seems to be the only subject where writing dot points and dot points alone in an exam still lets me get full marks.

It was an essay style question, and i was running out of time, so i wrote a mind map and then drew dot points (not structured at all) and the marker still gave full marks.
Maybe they were impressed that someone was bothering to learn the subject.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Justin said:
Religion (1 unit) - 100%
SDD - 98%
English (Advanced) - 97%
English Extension 1 - 95%
2 unit Mathematics (Adv) - 92%
Chemistry - 90% (Feww.. not bad for learning a topic 1 week before the exam)
Modern History - 88%
Philosophy (Theory of Knowledge). - 33/50 (meh)

Religion seems to be the only subject where writing dot points and dot points alone in an exam still lets me get full marks.

It was an essay style question, and i was running out of time, so i wrote a mind map and then drew dot points (not structured at all) and the marker still gave full marks.
Maybe they were impressed that someone was bothering to learn the subject.
:eek: AND YOU'RE THIRTEEN!... congratulationss

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just had English Paper 1 and Paper 2 on Monday and Tuesday respectively...
Paper 1 was alright, although the creative writing section involved writing a story based on a particular quote (from a selection of quotes). I bet that section was prepared in the last minute because those quotes came from familiar quotes in movies, 2004 HSC powerpoint text and there was even a quote from "The Road Not Taken" that we could write about.....lol
Paper 2 was an essay question that quite surprised me when I was saw it. I spent too much time planning although I did manage to write a complete but short essay...:D
shinji said:
had my maths (2u) exam today. i got home with a headache. - -''
2 1/2 hours of maths ain't fun i tell yah!
Hey, I just had a 3 HOUR Mathematics Extension 2 exam today and that was a huge skull cracker! Who would have thought around half the paper consisted of harder Extension 1 questions (unrelated to Mathematics Extension 2 topics: Graphs, Complex Numbers and Conics) which we never enountered before....It was soooo difficult. It was such a BS paper because there was even an 8 MARK geometry/parabola proof question in it!!!!!!! No step by step components whatsoever. I left out and gave up on so many questions. I feel terrible....:(

Tomorrow, Chemistry AND Mathematics Extension 1.....
On a brighter note, all my exams are crammed into one week and the first day of next week. So next week I get an early Easter holiday!!!Yay!!!! :D

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
bonnie04 said:
3 exams down. 5 to gooo!
comparatively speaking, the majority of people seem to have between 4-6 exams in my school.
...and i have 8.
i can feel myself burning out soon.
i know how you feel. i do the most units at my school (13) and therefore have the most number of exams (7)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
timobr0 said:
i know how you feel. i do the most units at my school (13) and therefore have the most number of exams (7)
I don't do the most units, but I have the most exams :(

bonnie04

HSC
i do 12 units but i have 8 exams.
those who have 13 only have 5-6.

and boxxxhead, you go to pats, do you know tino and wozniak and them?

schismular

HSC
I dont really know if this is the right place to post this or not, but here goes anyway.

Im right in the middle of my midcourse exams and have decided I dont want to English Extension 1 anymore, due mainly to the fact that I hate postmodernism and already im not going that great. The exams tomorrow and I was planning on just not turning up, as I got a from to drop Extension English today and the teacher went blah, blah, blah you're great at English and you can do this and it would be stupid for you too drop it and i was like i hate ext english and postmodernism especially and dont understand it and yeh sure i can write an essay and a creative piece without any preparation as I cant even begin to write an essay....anyway, what Im getting at is that if i dont turn up, will it really matter seeing as im planning to drop, and i figure it would be better for me to focus on subjects I care about that i still have (Maths ext 2 and legal). Would I get a 'N' award and if so will that affect me if I drop it??? Note, i have 11 units, and would be dropping back to 10.

Any suggestions???

As for my other exams, yeh they were alright- I had english adv on monday which i think i went pretty good in, maths ext 1 on tuesday which was again alright (except for Q6- i think very few people got much for it) and I had chemistry today which was alright except i probably neded to know my work a bit better...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
schismular .. i'd advise you to just go into the extension english exam and just try thr exam. it'd be better than getting a possible N award. don't even try in the exam .. just do it half-heartedly.

Trebula : that must suck. 3 hours of maths. would make my brain explode. =o=''
i just hope my extension-1 test 2morrow ain't gonna be hard.

saying that .. i've got double exams 2morrow .. both im probably gonna flunk and lose my rank.
- Physics
- Extension Maths (3u)

sigh .. im gonna bring painkillers in case i get a major headache after the physics exam <_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)