Hamlet? Transformation? How? (1 Viewer)

rain_28

Hi guys ...
wondering could you help me out and explain how hamlet has transformed in the play and how ros and guil are transformed ?????

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think the concept of 'Transformation' refers not to the progression of Hamlet in 'Hamlet', but how the original text has been transformed and appropriated in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead... Compare and contrast..

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
ditto samsa
Look at your outcomes... it's about TEXT and CONTEXT.

Learn how hamlet relates to the context of its time. Stoppard manipulates this elizabethan text and transforms it into his own work that suits his own context.

You're studying how hamlet is transformed into ros& guild, and why those transformations are appropriate, relating it to context.

Menendez

Its got alot to do with theatre style (elizabethan to absurdist) language (its contemporary in RAGAD, except when bits from Hamlet are in it) and audience (eg. reactions and stuff like that) and think about the thematic concerns (sorry, I do drama) and all the social and historical context stuff as well. I got some great notes my teacher wrote down. If you would like them, email me!
:D glad to help!
P.S. the excel guide to Hamlet/RAGAD is quite good!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)