hand cramping (1 Viewer)

mandemindiguise

HSC
hey so ive been trying to write my essay out under timed conditions, and what ive been struggling with especially is the hand cramping. Usually after 2-3 sentences, my hand starts to cramp badly starting near the base of my thumb, then just throughout my entire hand. my essay is long and i wanna write fast to get it all down but my cramps just hold me back, especially during exams. i just wanna know, how do you guys deal with this?

kkk579

hello
HSC
hey so ive been trying to write my essay out under timed conditions, and what ive been struggling with especially is the hand cramping. Usually after 2-3 sentences, my hand starts to cramp badly starting near the base of my thumb, then just throughout my entire hand. my essay is long and i wanna write fast to get it all down but my cramps just hold me back, especially during exams. i just wanna know, how do you guys deal with this?
It could be the way you hold the pen or maybe you apply too much pressure you should probably figure out what causes it in the first place and then see what you can do to stop it

aqwerty13402

HSC
I'm a super fast writer and I don't cramp so here are some tips that might help:
1. Loosen your grip - speaks for itself, and you'll be able to write faster
2. Don't get too close to your paper - Some people sit like 3 Inches away from their paper while they write and it makes you put a lot of pressure on your pen
3. Write bigger - If you are trying to write really small and neat (which shouldn't be a MAIN priority in exams) you might be squeezing hard!
4. Ice / massage it while you're resting. It's like most injuries, so treat it like one :angel:

C_master

HSC
I'm a super fast writer and I don't cramp so here are some tips that might help:
1. Loosen your grip - speaks for itself, and you'll be able to write faster
2. Don't get too close to your paper - Some people sit like 3 Inches away from their paper while they write and it makes you put a lot of pressure on your pen
3. Write bigger - If you are trying to write really small and neat (which shouldn't be a MAIN priority in exams) you might be squeezing hard!
4. Ice / massage it while you're resting. It's like most injuries, so treat it like one :angel:
how much words could you write in 40 minutes

C_master

HSC
Crack your knuckles for some fake relief. It helps

aqwerty13402

HSC
how much words could you write in 40 minutes
Not sure about an 40 since I haven't had any 40 minute pure writing exams (My school does 1/1.5Hours). In an hour sit at about 1450, but I try to go in with essays that are around 1300 to give me time to adapt to a question / stimulus. :chainsaw2:

aqwerty13402

HSC
icl, i have a habit of always cracking each of fingers constantly when i can. Does that affect anything?
I would say that isn't the reason. I'm a compulsive cracker too haha. But it could be! Maybe try stopping for a week or two and see if it improves. Then after your last HSC exam you can crack away

mandemindiguise

HSC
Not sure about an 40 since I haven't had any 40 minute pure writing exams (My school does 1/1.5Hours). In an hour sit at about 1450, but I try to go in with essays that are around 1300 to give me time to adapt to a question / stimulus. :chainsaw2:
oh man, i have a 40 minute exam next week and my essay is 1234 words long xd

aqwerty13402

HSC
what cracking ur knucles doesnt do anything ive been doing it for years + i write fast

is that even possible once u start😭
Probably not. I'm more of a back, neck and knee cracker. Maybe he could crack them instead to help

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i used to get hand cramps too and it was because of my pen, its grip was rlly bad and i used to put a lot of pressure/hold it tightly so idk maybe stop doing that and it might help

aqwerty13402

HSC
My biggest fear would be breaking my finger or something before the HSC, and needing to be scribed for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)