Handbook/Choosing subjects (1 Viewer)

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
So when choosing which subjects to do, are we basing it from the handbook in our year of enrollment? (like 2003 for me)
Or do i have to go by the new ones which come out each year?

Because for my course the 2003 and 2004 requirements are different ...

Hmm hope i made sense hehe.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The latest handbook. If in doubt just use the web one.

Edit - I misread that first post. Just make sure that by the end of the degree you satisfy one set (eg. 2003) of degree requirements.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Not really. You'll still be studying units for credit. So as long as you do a certain number of units from so-and-so department (depending on type of degree) and have enough credit points, you'll be good. And whatever happened to the broaden your education philosophy...

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
But thats kinda stupid isnt it?
cos what if they gave you an option of doing a subject in 2003 and you do it, but then they change it for 2004... does that mean you just did it for nothing....
yeah no, check but i think you do from the year you entered, so if they change it next year that's for the new students, not for you, it's like a new course. but check!!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure iambored is right regarding program of degrees.

E.g. the new BBA students have to do 'BBA315 - Business Forcasting' as a core unit, and have the 2 strategic management units worth 3 credit pts each instead of the 4.

But Business Forcasting wasn't a core unit when I started the degree, and therefore I don't have to do the unit to graduate.

Well thats my understanding of it.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i always thought you stick to the degree requirements of the year you started that degree.... i mean they tell everyone to purchase a handbook during enrolment so i'm guessing that is because we're meant to refer to it thru-out our uni career....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I still think that you need to stick to one set of degree requirements (within the time you do your degree).

But you should also keep up to date each year, because specific unit requirements (eg. prereqs) may change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)