Handing out Flyers during O-day/week (1 Viewer)

smiley20

HSC
N/A
Anyone know who i talk to about this? Like, for permission? Thanks all

X

xeuyrawp

smiley20 said:
Anyone know who i talk to about this? Like, for permission? Thanks all
What are the flyers for?

Technically, to do any kind of promotion, you need to speak to buildings and grounds, unless you're on SAM's soil, in which case you have to ask SAM. I think Phil/Phanatic knows a fair bit about the procedure...

In reality, I would think they're not going to stop you unless you're being subversive or profiteering.

smiley20

HSC
N/A
OHhh alright

Its for a sort of student service to help students with all types of needs.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
just post them outside lib or sci labs/comp labs or whereever relavent to your service... if you'd have to see anyone it'd be SAM... but i don't think they'd care...

X

xeuyrawp

smiley20 said:
OHhh alright

Its for a sort of student service to help students with all types of needs.
Well here's a great place to advertise!

How about you post up a copy of your flyer. :)

Phanatic

HSC
You can pretty much do whatever you want handing out flyers. I suppose if you were trying to sell something and make financial gain off it you would have to get it cleared, and likely pay an advertising fee. SAM would definately get heavy with that.

But if it's your own thing, then do what you want. As long as you're not littering, I can't see how they'd have any authority to stop you.

Incidentally, care to elaborate on what it's for?

mrbplus

HSC
Actually, buildings and grounds are very sensitive about handing out flyers. It is basically an absolute 'no way' from their end. Even legitimate student clubs and societies are not given permission to hand out flyers.

The reason given by Buildings and Grounds for this prohibition is that it creates litter (coz most people throw away flyers).

X

xeuyrawp

mrbplus said:
Actually, buildings and grounds are very sensitive about handing out flyers. It is basically an absolute 'no way' from their end. Even legitimate student clubs and societies are not given permission to hand out flyers.

The reason given by Buildings and Grounds for this prohibition is that it creates litter (coz most people throw away flyers).
I doubt they're going to do anything if you do it in a responsible fashion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)