Handing stuff out at Uni - Allowed? (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Tell them soliciting on campus is strictly prohibited without permission from official authorities, and if they don't leave you'll have them ejected from the premises and charged with harrassment.

That's what I do anyway.

fidel_castro

HSC
Lundy said:
the only people worse than flyer people are the people who ask for a "quick moment of my time." Especially the black suit people. What are they, a cult or something?

Recently this chick came up to me and asked me who cuts my hair, then proceeded to advertise some new hair salon. wtf.
Speaking of cults...
Dictionary.com

cult
n.
a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

Remind you of a particular group on campus?

CBS is a total shame to the Christian community. They have turned Christianity into a cheap, commercial, marketing entity and are proud of it. I loathe hypocrisy.
Diana Herwono said:
It's good to know that the Debate was well publicised. Someone in that thread mentioned that it seemed like every second person at uni was wearing a freedom hoodie. Very Happy :D
http://www.campusbiblestudy.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47

I can't believe they have the guts to turn something people hold so close to their hearts into something McDonalds would do with a blind eye.

One cannot help but compare the teachings of Jesus and his humble life with the teachings of the Catholic Institution and the lavish life its clerics lead. Jesus lived a humble life without possessions and called for giving to the poor; “if you have two shorts give one of them to your poor brother”. The Catholic Church is the richest institution in the world and could share its wealth to feed the hunger, to treat the sick, to shelter the homeless, and to improve the lives of millions of poor people. The price of the golden Fisherman’s Ring, customary destroyed at the death of its owner Pope, could alone feed hundreds of hungry children. The costly lavish installment ceremony of the Pope, his golden clothes and crown, and his golden throne are extreme contradiction to the humble life Jesus led.
Source:http://www.amin.org/eng/uncat/2005/april/apr25.html

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

fidel_castro

HSC
babydoll_ said:
Tell them soliciting on campus is strictly prohibited without permission from official authorities, and if they don't leave you'll have them ejected from the premises and charged with harrassment.

That's what I do anyway.
They are affiliated with the Guild, however, I don't think they ever have the Student Guild logo on their posters or on their site. So technically, you are allowed to vandalise and pull down their posters off the boards. And technically, it means they don't recognise their affiliation with the Guild and you can argue that they can be arrested for either:
1/ Trespassing
2/ Littering
3/ Vandalism
4/ Commercial use of UNSW property without prior permission from the Guild and UNSW Security ( I assume they do if they get CLB everytime )

nwatts

HSC
Lundy said:
the only people worse than flyer people are the people who ask for a "quick moment of my time." Especially the black suit people. What are they, a cult or something?

Recently this chick came up to me and asked me who cuts my hair, then proceeded to advertise some new hair salon. wtf.
Scientology? If so, don't mess with them. They turn into terrorists when messed with.

ace

is retired
HSC
Lundy said:

Or the ones that try and hold you up when you are clearly trying to cross the road to get to the dreaded 895 bus.

Or the ones that say, only 2 minutes. LEECHES they are, leeches.

They should be hauled away for disturbing the peace. The peace that we had before they came and bothered us.

:D

john_

HSC
N/A
fidel_castro said:
I can't believe they have the guts to turn something people hold so close to their hearts into something McDonalds would do with a blind eye.

One cannot help but compare the teachings of Jesus and his humble life with the teachings of the Catholic Institution and the lavish life its clerics lead. Jesus lived a humble life without possessions and called for giving to the poor; “if you have two shorts give one of them to your poor brother”. The Catholic Church is the richest institution in the world and could share its wealth to feed the hunger, to treat the sick, to shelter the homeless, and to improve the lives of millions of poor people. The price of the golden Fisherman’s Ring, customary destroyed at the death of its owner Pope, could alone feed hundreds of hungry children. The costly lavish installment ceremony of the Pope, his golden clothes and crown, and his golden throne are extreme contradiction to the humble life Jesus led.
Source:http://www.amin.org/eng/uncat/2005/april/apr25.html
You should be made aware that CBS or any ministry related to it is in no way related to the Catholic church. CBS is part of the Protestant group of Christians who decided they did not want to have anything to do with the Catholic church for many reasons way back in the 16th century. One of these reasons was due to the unfairness in how Catholics treated the poor in the 16th century.

The information in your quote is really upsetting, however, your quote has been put in the wrong direction. CBS has nothing to do with the Pope, the papacy or Catholics.

I say this as a former Catholic of 18 years who recently decided to become Christian.

Also, your definition of a 'cult' could be applied to any religion. All religions have rituals, beliefs and teaching. However, alot of your quoted definition can't be applied to CBS or Christianity however. For example, CBS does not claim ot heal people, or have curing power, there is no authoriatarian (remember, again CBS is not Catholic), its not esoteric, extremeist nor is it exclusive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)