Handling workload in the holidays (2 Viewers)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Good point. It's just that I have so much to do for everything that I don't think I can afford to miss a day for any one of my subjects at this point. I don't know...
the other thing is not to let this thought get to your head. It is not that significant if you don't get everything exactly how it should be, it is a part of life. I think if you commit most of each week to studying then it should be good, but take a day off (typically most people take a Sunday, but it depends), and actually rest, every so often. (or if that worries, you take 2 afternoon/evenings off, for me personally I didn't study on most Fridays after 3:30pm, or most Sundays after 4pm)

the_runic

HSC
Yes, that is true as well. All work and no play...

On a happier note, I just did some quick mental calculations and I realised I can have all three of my assignments done in a week if I work a little at them every day. That is a very comforting thought. If I can keep that in mind, maybe I'll loosen up some.

Jakulore

HSC
I think that your biggest issue is that you are trying to do every subject everyday when not every subject, at this stage, will need as much work as others. The fact that you are allotting 1 hour to each subject each day when there are assignments for some whilst only revision for others is peculiar. Not that they shouldn't be revised but assignments are more important.

Instead, allot maybe 2 hours to 3-4 subjects each day and alternate the next, I think you'll find that you will get the work for that subject done quicker because you will be in the groove and will not have to get yourself re-settled into each subject every hour. Not only that, but you definitely need to prioritise those that are most important first, rather than cutting time away from those to deal with less-important matters.

In my opinion though, you may need to just work faster or longer if it is going to be a big issue, it may not be optimal for you but it is the reality of the situation. If I decide to or feel it necessary I can start and finish two assignments in one day, not that I want to but sometimes you just have to put your disdain for work away and just get the work done.

Good luck though! :angel:

the_runic

HSC
A fair point, but I'm not so sure about it. It is true it would leave me more time to revise if I got the assignments done quicker, but at the same time, I don't want to leave my study notes incomplete—my Ancient and History Extension notes are woefully behind, for example. Considering I have to revise the other topics we've done, what do you advise I do then?

Jakulore

HSC
I would just suggest that the assignments are to get done first. It doesn't matter how great your study notes are that aren't needed for the time being if you don't get the good marks in your assignments. After all, whilst you need to have the study notes, they do not need to be perfected at this stage for you to succeed, the assignments however, do have a strict deadline.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Try to get Senior Science task done and out of the way, that'll give you one less subject to worry about.
And the oral speech.

I would find your relating material straight away don't leave it to the end. After finding your related material, I suggest reading it. (Don't pick a really long piece, pick something interesting that you can read easily). Just pick something and go with it.

English, looks look you can combine some of the tasks, split it up into 4 bits, one for each module; same for most other subjects. The key will be to tackle AOS as a priority (weighting reasons) and then Module B (Module A tends to be easier).

For Ancient History/History Extension, don't worry so much about study notes, you can complete them after trials, just make sure you know your content.

• English Advanced: Two booklets, one for exam prep and one for Module C, plus revising for AOS, Modules A and B, plus finding related material
  • English Extension: Revising, plus finding related material
  • Ancient History: Oral speech plus catching up on study notes
  • History Extension: Major project plus catching up on study notes
  • Senior Science: Research task
  • Drama: Going over texts again, plus working on major projects
  • General Maths 2: Revising

HSC
Omg, I totally understand where you're coming from!!
I have to:
- Read related text for extension, write a resource booklet, essay and presentation for extension assignment
- Write my Henry essay and a speech for advanced assignment, as well as edit my other 3 essays and creative
- Finish PDHPE and SOR II notes
- Do at least 5-10 past papers for PDHPE, Biology, Chemistry and do practice questions for English and SOR
And in general, study for trial exams! Far out, English is consuming too much of my time!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)