Happy Birthday to Math Man (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Yeah I know Graham, he was doing honours with me last year. But 2nd year advanced tutes would only be taken by doctors and PhD students at least a couple of years in.
LOL, I was in the same class as him back when he was an undergrad student (in both Maths/Stats and Commerce lectures).

For the 2nd year tutorials, I remember having a current honours student take a tutorial for MATH2970 (though normal and advanced were mixed)...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I keep seeing this thread on the main page, and click on it, thinking I'm going to ban someone for spam. Then when I get here, it's a legit maths question......

It's been my third time clicking here already....
ahahaha aerath

math man

HSC
N/A
Has anyone besides carrot sticks done the question, it was intended for 4 unit kids, I knew carrot could do it already, I thought it would be fun for the actual students to do it

lolcakes52

HSC
Has anyone besides carrot sticks done the question, it was intended for 4 unit kids, I knew carrot could do it already, I thought it would be fun for the actual students to do it
Is the question based on something that someone who had only done 4 unit for a term would be able to do?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Is the question based on something that someone who had only done 4 unit for a term would be able to do?
It depends on what school you go to. Some schools also do Integration in the first term. Whilst many do Complex and Graphs.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you finished 4U integration, then it should be do-able.

However, you don't exactly need to be taught 4U integration to learn Reduction Formula. It's quite intuitive.

I 'discovered' it by accident when I was in Year 12 before we did the Integration topic.

I thought I made an awesome discovery, until my teacher told me we were going to learn it anyway.

math man

HSC
N/A
Yeh but lots of kids would of accelerated and learnt a lot more of the course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)