Hard work vs. natural talent (2 Viewers)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Mostly Hardwork. Memory is a fair point but I think the biggest skill to a good result is Time Management and Organisation your work.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Hsc was more of a memory game than anything tbh. Especially in the sciences (can't say for physics) where the markers want you to write responses in a certain way and the questions tested you more on random slices of facts/info than actual science sometimes... I roted my essays for english then vomited it back out on paper during exams, I still did somewhat decent. I felt like you could do decently well in Maths if you roted, this probably doesn't apply for 4U though.

tldr: sit down and memorise

eko367

HSC
hard work, because you can literally memorise like 90% of what you need to know to do well.

vx1000

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a memory game. Use Acronyms and you'll be fine.

However, there are students with 100% natural talent. I know people who didn't study half as much as I did, and yet achieved 98+ in the same subjects.

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Hard work can always and will always beat talent, there is no such thing as talent, its either luck or nothing.

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously both are important. Natural talent means you can do better with less hard work, but everyone can do well if they work hard AND work smart.

I have some blog posts which I've been spamming but they're helpful with making your hard work more efficient so that you aren't wasting effort:

The Key to HSC Success

Thinking About Memory

Studying for Success: How to Plan your HSC Preparation

What it takes to get 99.95: Interview with Nicholas Chang

Studying Over the Summer Holidays (good for any holiday study)

RobertGreene

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hi every-one there are a plenty of reasons that to success in HSC. In my opinion this success depends on hard work because if you hard work constantly you obviously got talented, this a facts that merge with hard working.Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)