Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
If I don't preorder, what will the RRP of the book be? Me and a friend are going HP book shopping on the 22nd.

HSC
has there been an unanimous decision as to whether dumbledore is really dead??? sorry cbf'ed reading through 50 pages of posts. i personally don't think he's dead.....harry's too much of a loser to kill voldemort on his own.....(sorry i realy hate daniel radcliffe)

HSC
^JKR already said that he is dead.

tennille said:
I think it's going to be $27.82 at Big W.
Thanks for that.

ObjectsInSpace said:
I think there's pretty much an unspoken pact beterr the regular posters in this thread that we won't be spoiling it for anyone. You can count on Raiks doing something, he somehow got his hands on the page where Snape kills Dumbledore last time. Also expect waf and all the other trolls to think it's hilarious to make threads with spoiler titles, or to make seemingly-normal threads that actually have spoilers in size-seven font. It's usually Potter-haters who like to spoil it for others.
I can so see that coming!

As for me, the nearest book store is on the other side of town. I probably won't be getting it until late Saturday as a local shopping centre has hired me and a few others to break up crowds to stop spoilers. Instead of selling them from the book store, they're moving into a wing of the shopping centre that hasn't been opened. It's basically a production line; kids come in one end from the crowds, go down the wing of the centre (which is out of earshot of the crowds) and buy the book, and then go out an exit, so they don't go back through the crowd. We basically have to get people to move along if they're loitering; anyone buying the book has to pre-order and they all get a card that marks them as having paid in advance. That way younger kids can buy the book and don't have to worry about idiots spoiling it for them because a group of about thirty of us will be guarding the floor, fifteen contolling the crowd and fifteen at the far exit to stop people waiting outside. It's actually a pretty good system (much better than last time). We work from about 8am to 5pm and get paid around $200 or $180 and a copy of the book for our day's efforts. I've been working on what I call the "Sir Roger", named after Roger Moore, in preparation for the day; that tiny crook of the eyebrow that pretty much disarms or silences anyone caught in the gaze. The only downside is that, being Harry Potter, the improv security guards have to be known as "Aurors" ...
At first i thought that they will ruin it for you, but that sounds like the best thing anyone ever came up with! Lol at the last part :p Hope nobody ruins it for you :)

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If he does survive to the end, I think Pettigrew will do something for Harry at the end when he and Voldemort meets. I just remembered that he still owes him a life-debt :)

Watched Prisoner of Azkaban last night. I reckon it was definitely better than the Order of the Phoenix. I still miss Richard Harris though :(

HSC
Yeah the new Dumbledore sucks, he is too evil! yukk

Ian McKellen would have been hectic, but he turned it down [they offered him the role] :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
haha, that'd get me confused with Gandalf and Dumbledore :p

HSC
Well i always thought it was the same person, only realised it was a different person last year :shy: But he would have been soo good!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
6 days to go. I can't wait. It'll probabaly hit me sooner or later that this will perhaps be the last book of the Harry Potter series, and they'll probabaly be no more new books coming out :(

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Haha nah i usually go to the shopping centres, and they're open at 8:30 :|

But in Greenacre [where i live] there are no shops [other than the food ones, or corner shops and stuff like that] so it would take me at least 1/2 an hour walking to get to the shopping centres:mad1: Which is why my uncle will get me it:)

Hope nobody ruins it for anyone here :)
Ah okay fair enough. I can walk to the main shopping area in the whole country in about 15 minutes, lol. But I've often got there before the shops were open, forgetting that nothing opens till 11 or sometimes 12, d'oh!

Methinks I shall take the bus (which stops opposite Borders), grab the book, and take the bus home. I would say about 300 metres of walking will be required altogether, woo!

And what you can get it for $27? Damn! Over here the rrp is $60 or 65 or something crazy. If you preorder you get it for fifty-something. Insane. Guess that's what you get when you have no real Big W/K-Mart/Target equivalent. You can order the book at HMV though, strangely enough.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
hey guys check this out:

'Chapter One. The Dark Lord Ascending. The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. For a second they stood quite still, wands pointing at each other's chests: then, recognising each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and set off, side by side, in the same direction.
"News?", asked the taller of the two.
"The best," replied Snape.'

http://mugglenet.com/

they say its the opening of Deathly Hallows, but they're not sure if its true :\

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wonder who'd that taller one would be :eek:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Wonder who'd that taller one would be :eek:
yeah same..

esquilax1690 said:
did y'all know that Miss Emma Watson (aka Hermione Granger) is the new face of Chanel? Oh la la!
omg!! no way!! :eek: i did hear her brag about her chanel dress when they interviewed her during the premier of OOTP. but i didnt know she was the new face of chanel :mad1: ....meh :)

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Ah okay fair enough. I can walk to the main shopping area in the whole country in about 15 minutes, lol. But I've often got there before the shops were open, forgetting that nothing opens till 11 or sometimes 12, d'oh!

Methinks I shall take the bus (which stops opposite Borders), grab the book, and take the bus home. I would say about 300 metres of walking will be required altogether, woo!

And what you can get it for $27? Damn! Over here the rrp is $60 or 65 or something crazy. If you preorder you get it for fifty-something. Insane. Guess that's what you get when you have no real Big W/K-Mart/Target equivalent. You can order the book at HMV though, strangely enough.
Uhh you live in the middle of nowhere dont you:p

MaNiElla omg Severus is stil good though! i dont care..he is good!

lol there's like less than a week, and nobody knows any 'facts'

taller one... could be ayone!

J

jhakka

ObjectsInSpace said:
The only downside is that, being Harry Potter, the improv security guards have to be known as "Aurors" ...
I work in a bookstore and we're going nuts for the Harry Potter launch. We're doing costumes, animal stuff, magicians, etc. Downside: I look like Harry Potter and will be at the front of the store. :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
I work in a bookstore and we're going nuts for the Harry Potter launch. We're doing costumes, animal stuff, magicians, etc. Downside: I look like Harry Potter and will be at the front of the store. :p
My downside is that we have to refer to each other as being Aurors, so if your name is John Smith, you become "Auror Smith". The problem is that my surname is Georgian or Azeri in origin, and very uncommon even there. No-one can ever pronounce it right.

J

jhakka

So I assume you will also be Auror Smith, then? I share the pain of a difficult surname.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What bookstores are you guys working in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)