• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Atilla89

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
when fudge came in at the end and was all "he's back!" the entire cinema erupted with laughter and i was like "no shit sherlock..." yeah it was funny.
A similar thing happened when I went and saw it. Pretty much everyone started laughing when someone yelled out 'Duh'.

HSC
^^ i know - its unfortunate eh. It is a shame that they did not focus on important characters like neville, who have significance througout the whole series and have been present throughout all books. and even someone like Percy who is an important member of the Weasleys. Not to mention Malfoy, who is one of the most significant for the next book. They know they are going to make the next films, so they should start focusing on character devlopment now and BEFORE in the other films. But no - instead they focus on each film as if it is a separate series or something and FOCUS on someone like UMBRIDGE - i mean, yeah okay, she was important to certain extent in the 5th book, but J.K Rowling really didnt reveal any significance of her character to the rise of Voldermort overall. And what about Ginny? We saw her give a few shifty looks to Harry here and there, exposing her like for him - but her popularity is meant to be shown and the number of boys after her. She still looks like a shy little nobody to me in that film. The actress is nice looking, but she definately didnt look overly pretty or anything - i mean they cant suddently make her stunning out of now where with a heap of make up in the 6th film - itll be just too random.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
They didnt even add Quidditch as well.. I was hoping to listen to "Weasley is our King". :(

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Kujah said:
I didn't get why Hermione was laughing when the three were discussing how Cho was feeling...
HAHA i know, that was odd

Kujah said:
And the looks of Ginny when Harry was with Cho
but that was wrong..in the book, ginny was sposed to be over harry (hence dating michael corner and later dean thomas)..hermione even said ginny gave up on harry ages ago or whatever

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The flashbacks of Harry, Ron and Hermione together when Voldemort was possessing Harry was pretty good :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I saw the movie earlier on tonight. I thought it was pretty good, but I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any Quidditch. :( the chick who played Luna was heaps good though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm starting to wonder whether or not the veil that Sirius fell into is connected to the Deathly Hallows.

But I have to admit, Luna Lovegood was played pretty well. As well as Fred and George :)

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I watched it the 2nd day it was out, and surprisingly, basically no one was at there to watch it.... =( i mean, 2nd day, people!!!!!

But.... i dunno. i kinda found the movie slightly dissapointing. Just with all the scenes cut out, and the very abrubt scene changes, not much character development... well, it just kind of defused my enthusiasm for the movie....
Well, my bro thought it was pretty good, but then again he hasn't read any of the books, so i guess the movie was good judging only on a movie basis.

But, having read the books and loving them to bits, the movie just didnt' live up to the books. Maybe if they had extended the movie for longer, maybe 3 or more hours, because i definitely would not mind watching for that long.

well, there were lots of good points about the movie. yeah, i liked Luna. she was played well. ok, i cant be bothered listing them.

but, for me, the bad points outweighed the good. well, at least i have the 7th book to quench my thirst. :D

Jiga

I thought it was CRAP. With no biased goggles on that some people seem to have, as a film it didnt seem very well contructed and as something to watch it was ordinary, more building onto the next installation rather then providing some reasonable entertainment this time round for my hard earnt $11. It was certainly the worst out of all the previous movies. An SBS review I recently viewed prity much summarised all my thoughts, giving it 2 / 5 stars.

Saddest part of all was our movie was packed and people clapped at the end of the movie. F*cking Sad. A truly low point in the history of humanity.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I thought it was CRAP. With no biased goggles on that some people seem to have, as a film it didnt seem very well contructed and as something to watch it was ordinary, more building onto the next installation rather then providing some reasonable entertainment this time round for my hard earnt $11. It was certainly the worst out of all the previous movies. An SBS review I recently viewed prity much summarised all my thoughts, giving it 2 / 5 stars.

Saddest part of all was our movie was packed and people clapped at the end of the movie. F*cking Sad. A truly low point in the history of humanity.
Finally, someone agrees with me.

As far as movies go, that was pretty bad. Give it to someone who doesnt even know what harry potter is, and theyll have no idea what is going on.

I think everyone is blinded by the fact that they've read the books and know everything about whats going on anyway.

In my opinion, movies should be able to stand alone even if they are based on books. This movie certainly cant.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I thought there wasn't any flow in the movie. It was a film consisting of short scenes stuck together. But, there were still some good parts though :)

cuppy

HSC
N/A
no she's not i liked the way her character was portrayed.

Evanna Lynch did a good job :)

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Thessalonius said:
I predict awesome sex scenes between Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe.
HAHAHA ewww mre like awkard and just wrong!! ew he is so gross!! serious naked harry is not attractive!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
cuppy said:
no she's not i liked the way her character was portrayed.

Evanna Lynch did a good job :)
i agree i like how weird and reminiscent she is of the chick of the ring. In character in some strange way!

Jiga

Finally, someone agrees with me.

As far as movies go, that was pretty bad. Give it to someone who doesnt even know what harry potter is, and theyll have no idea what is going on.

I think everyone is blinded by the fact that they've read the books and know everything about whats going on anyway.

In my opinion, movies should be able to stand alone even if they are based on books. This movie certainly cant.
Yeah, the thing is I have seen the other Harry Potter films and even I couldnt fully understand bits... it was all over the place and required a detailed knowledge of the books etc.

Yeah, I thought there wasn't any flow in the movie. It was a film consisting of short scenes stuck together. But, there were still some good parts though
Exactly... couldnt have said it any better. It was more laying down the foundations for the next installation, but that movie was poor. The only people who thought it is decent are those who are totally blind by being a fan, as the SBS reviewer put it in words to the effect of "although I didnt rate it, it seemed others in the cinema did... although they were waving wonds (spellin) and wearing all that harry potter crap".

Last edited by a moderator:

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i agree the movie did not flow AT ALL and they destroyed some of the important scenes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)