Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
one thing i would have added was black's escape from azkaban. partly because it's been ages since i read the book and can't remember how he did it, and partly because i think it would just be cool to see the prison

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i thought the movie was pretty good ... considering i thought the 3rd harry potter book was the WORST read

i think harry potter 4 the movie should be good, as i like the plot of the book

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
considering i thought the 3rd harry potter book was the WORST read
wash your mouth out! :chainsaw: i LOVE the 3rd book, best Hp book out of the series!

The movie was MAD...much more "visually inventive" and exciting than the first two....CoS was awful (not the book, the movie)...so looong, tedious and boring...I was hoping that Azkaban would live up to my expectations and it did! :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
you are honestly saying that the 1st is better than the 3rd?! alright, enough...im not even gonna bother...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I like how she backed up her opinion with well considered reasons as to why it was worse.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I can't decide between 3,4 and 5, personally. I'm glad the first two (inherently weaker, imo) books were done by Columbus, who now can step down to make way for more creative and skillful directors to handle the later books.

That's not to say he's a bad director, the first two were adequate and entertaining enough, just I think HP deserves a lot more than what he gave to it.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
something about the 4th book just didnt draw me in..i love it all the same but it didnt draw me like azkaban and OOTP...haha probably due to the ending being dramatic but not exciting...if you get what i mean..alright alright i dont make sense :p

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
its cos it didnt have a happy ending like the rest...well not really...

what was wif dumbledore smiling when he heard lord volty has returned?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by charmed_cuties
well the third movie is better than the 1st and 2nd there's more action and the three characters harry, ron and hermione mature in this third movie
You really should pursue a career in film reviewing

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
something about the 4th book just didnt draw me in..i love it all the same but it didnt draw me like azkaban and OOTP...haha probably due to the ending being dramatic but not exciting...if you get what i mean..alright alright i dont make sense :p
the 4th is my favourite, because it just felt so much more epic than any of the others. i was disappointed with the 5th, because i felt that it went in a completely different direction than was suggested at the end of the 4th

Originally posted by Lundy
I can't decide between 3,4 and 5, personally. I'm glad the first two (inherently weaker, imo) books were done by Columbus, who now can step down to make way for more creative and skillful directors to handle the later books.
i think the 2nd film should have been so much better than it was. i thought the 2nd book was the scariest thing i've ever read (yes, i know, i'm a wuss). if it had been treated more of a horror movie, with the unknown monster that is capable of striking you at any moment, i think it would have worked out so much better

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah it could have been a lot better, but as it is I still found it entertaining enough. I watch it sometimes and it always puts me in a good mood :p

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
i was disappointed with the 5th, because i felt that it went in a completely different direction than was suggested at the end of the 4th
That is exactly what I thought!!

Why did Sirius have to die?
What was the whole point of book 3, if he was going to die in 2 years?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by rumour
you mean apart from the whole thing with peter pettigrew going back to voldemort?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by rumour
That is exactly what I thought!!

It was hinted in the last book that he'll "come back" in some way when luna said something about being able to talk to her mother through the curtain. I doubt J.K Rowling would just let him fall through a curtain and have that be the end of him.

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
It was hinted in the last book that he'll "come back" in some way when luna said something about being able to talk to her mother through the curtain. I doubt J.K Rowling would just let him fall through a curtain and have that be the end of him.
Yeah, that was a stupid way for him to die!!
Harry acts like Malfoy in book 5, that is why I don't like the book!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)