HARRY POTTER: Has anybody noticed....? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Good, the Yule Ball was pretty good part ;) I don't want any part cut out of the end of the triwizard tournement, with everyone in the hospital wing, I loved that bit. Or the Pensive Scenes, I want to see them in the court room. And if they cut of the continual plans for the joke shop Fred and George have, I'll be a bit out out, esspecially the betting at the begining. Made me laugh anyway. Glad they're showing the World Cup too, can't wait to see the Death Eaters or the Morsmordre Barty Jr casts.

As for PoA, I LOVED the bitch fights, McGonagall is awsome, even the little snide '...as Professor Snape continually reminds me' when she's telling Oliver Wood and the team that they need to win the quidditch cup made me laugh, (and wonder if they really hate each other or are really good mates). Fred and George paying on Percy about becoming Head Boy, but the maurders! Snape, by PoA, is at least given some kind of reason for why he hates Harry so much, and the 'your father tried to get Lupin to eat me' is rather important to the backstory of snape vs. maurders, and I love it! Like other people have said though, lots of things weren't explained, the movie doesn't even say who the maurders actually are, or explain who harry produces the stag, how Sirius discovered where wormtail was, just little imporant details were left out, and the Firebolt!! he got that half way through the book! I know it's small and trivial, but it certainly changed alot of the storylines around.

Oh well, I prefer the books, but love seeing them acted out all the same, esspecially when alan rickman is playing Snape.. :p

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
lilmzqt said:

TLC??? whats that - i dun think i've heard of it......
TLC stands for The Leaky Cauldron fantastic site managed by Melissa and Co.

I definitely agree that TLC is the better quality newsite when compared to Mugglenet; but if you look at the age difference of the people who manage the sites, you can see why. I personally do have something against Mugglenet, so my opinions may be bias. :D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I've only ever really checked the sites out in passing, both are pretty good.

Minapotter -- Welcome!! And whats the age difference?

Zahri

Child of Canon
Floating past the Pillar of Storgé in the Mystic K
HSC
Mugglenet was created by Emerson, who's a teenager. Those who run it are teenagers and early twenties.

TLC, on the other hand, is run by thirty-somethings, several of whom are real journalists and get invites as real press to HP stuff (Melissa and whoever she takes with her, mostly). It's also JKR's favourite HP news site - confirmed in writing in one of Melissa's copies of OotP.

Talking of HP - any fan should get their behind over to JKRowling right now. There's news there to put a smile and Christmas wishes on the face of any fan.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
Zahri said:
Talking of HP - any fan should get their behind over to JKRowling right now. There's news there to put a smile and Christmas wishes on the face of any fan.
such as wat?? i went and found nothing new...but then again i check every 2nd day for updates.....obsessed? yes.

EDIT: never mind. i see her door has re-opened. :D

Last edited:

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
i don't see how it's possible to hate a fictional character...

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
HBP Release Date to be Announced in 24 Hours

My fingers will definitely be sore for pressing the "refresh" button on my computer at very high speeds.

I've phoned city Dymocks (George St near Myer) and they have no idea. Is a spoiler tag really necessary? :p

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

*jumps around in glee*

ETA: This comment was on TLC which I thought was interesting for those mad people with nothing else to do at night besides press the refresh button on their screen like myself.

If they are going to do a joint press conference for both the Brits and the American readers like last time it will be between noon and 2pm in London and 7am and 9am on the east coast. This way the news conference will be played during the morning news shows while the kid and parents are getting ready for work and school. This is only my educated guess and should not be taken as fact. This way they will have command on the entertainment news cycle for the day which will be the last major news cycle for the year because of Christmas. They will go into the Christmas with millions of kids demanded Harry Potter and hopefully parents will buy more potter paraphernalia i.e. books DVDs and toys.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm excited! I'm excited!!!

And yes, a still sore about the end of OotP, but hey, there's always hope for snuffles :p

Argh! I knew there was a reason I never went to JK Rowlings bloody website!!!! Takes so long to load and... I miss my good old websites, when Flash wasn't around.....

Last edited:

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Godric for HBP! *squeeage* </spasticmoment>

I rang Dymocks in the city; and they said that "No pre-orders just yet" and the guy who talked to me said "We'll consider it" when I suggested a release party like the US/UK bookstores.

I am gearing up for the release; hogwarts uniforms PoA style, re-reading OoTP, etc. Wahh. I hope it takes JKR three years to write book seven! I'm not ready for it to end yet!

:D If anyone sees anything regarding pre-orders or any release parties/deals please post or e-mail!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I knew someone would die..... Let me tell you, if Snape dies, I will be just a little more than pissed off :p

I don't want it to end either, although, I'm praying to whoever is listening that JKR does do the Marauder's Years, although, I know it'll never happen...... I'd settle for Hogwarts: A History though.........

Last edited:

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
White Rabbit said:
I don't want it to end either, although, I'm praying to whoever is listening that JKR does do the Marauder's Years, although, I know it'll never happen...... I'd settle for Hogwarts: A History though.........
'Tis a nice thought to think that JKR would possibly write a prequel for her series; maybe she'll do it when she's 50 and she's bored out of her guts and her children are all too adolescent to care about her.

I too will be a little more than upset if she kills Snape off; but think of all the fics... Dead!Snape/Alive!Harry...Snarry rocks my socks. Why does this need a spoiler tag?

*dances some more*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)