harwood essay practice (1 Viewer)

lexonfire

HSC
i'm pretty sick of the lack of practice essay questions for gwen harwood, so i'm going to start a thread for this and post the ones i've found...

most are from what i could find here already, but all accumulated into one thread just to make it easier for everyone. (and so i can procrastinate further and avoid my harwood assessment task tomorrow. heh)

there are also 3 practise essay questions within that main "FAQ - Gwen Harwood" thread by Without Wings, so check that out too if you haven't already.

contribute if you're a good person :)

***​

2006 HSC
- To what extent has your personal response to the poetry been shaped by the enduring power of Harwood's poetic treatment of age and youth?

Others:
- Much of the appeal of Harwood's work lies in the distinctive qualities of each poem and the ways they lend themselves to different readings to imply different values, according to individual responses.

- Timeless texts are valued at different times in different contexts. How have you valued the poems of Gwen Harwood? Focus on 2 different readings of at least 2 poems, substantiated by critics' responses that either support or challenge your personal ideas.

- The poetry of Gwen Harwood is unique because it deals with strong but diverse themes. Respond in a personal response using 3 poems.

- Harwood articulates a variety of themes in her poems. The dominance of that theme will depend on the responder's perspective. (At least 2 perspectives; refer to 3 poems)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)