Has Anyone seen Outfoxed? (1 Viewer)

Avanti

HSC
We're told to choose 2 episodes of Frontline and 2 related texts for them. I'm doing Smaller Fish to Fry with Erin Brockovich, and i'm thinking of doing " Outfoxed" with the Siege. I'm wondering if outfoxed is relevant enough to the siege, or whether I should use it for smaller fish to fry...

Seriously, nearly every related text can be used with Smaller fish to fry, yet there doesn't seem to be anything for the Siege. If you know any, could you recommend some?

Avanti

HSC
Well we have to have a thesis, use the two episodes to support the thesis, and use two related text to support what is being represented in the episodes, so yeah, that's why they have to relate to each other. I don't think we have to compare though, like you said the siege doesn't deal with politics. But it does show the ways anyone can manipulate the truth on media for their own purpose whether for ratings or politics.

Thanks for supporting me on the fact outfoxed is more relevant to the siege. I've been told not to do that, and I became really unsure.

_melissa_

HSC
I'm doing Outoxed as a related text. It's perfectly fine for comparison to Frontline episodes, but I think you should remember that you're supposed to be synthesising ALL your texts. You won't do as well as you probably can if you compare one episode to another text, and then do another episode with another text seperately.

I think the best way to approach this topic is to remember that the topic is 'Telling The Truth'. Pretty much any question we get is going to be concerned with the construction of truth, ie how a composer presents something to be a truth or a reality. Try to think about things in the big picture, and then you should be able to link your texts to one another. If you're stuck for ways to link texts, link them according to techniques used by the composer, rather than issues dealt with in the text. For example, you could say, the use of juxtaposition in Outfoxed creates this idea, similarly in Smaller Fish To Fry juxtaposition is used to this effect...

Avanti

HSC
That's very true, but our teacher has no idea what she's doing, and has hardly remembered to remind us about what representation of the truth actually is. I had to just work it out myself. I realise now the danger in relating a text to an episode, but that's how she's been grooming us.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I've got it on tape, and im using it for Powerplay (showing Murdochs influence over the media and millions of people globaly).
You can probally download it off the net if u look hard enough - otherwise you can purchase it from their website (i think its www.outfoxed.com - else, do a google search!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)