has anyone Volunteer Work? (1 Viewer)

touma88

HSC
Has anyone done any volunteer work in their local area.

Ive jst checked out my resume and i dont have any extra curricular activities.

It would be a great initiative since ive turned into a guniea pig living with the rents.

SyCoTiC

HSC
I have.

Red Nose Day - I woke up 4am in the morning (lol it was terrible but worth it nonetheless) to catch a train with a bunch of friends over to Martin Place. We spent the entire morning there until 9am standing around Pitt Street Mall and other major places nearby to sell charity products on the streets. We also met Koche and Mel from Sunrise, they were lovely. =)

Red Shield Appeal - Also early morning where a friend and I went to the Burwood area (They do most of suburban NSW) for door-to-door knocking. Raised about $800. Very good cause.

Just Enough Faith - Feeding the homeless. They grab you for one night every once in a while to go out to Belmore Park and nearby areas where you are responsible for certain tasks in feeding homeless people. Usually you're in a trailer-like place responsible for preparation or distribution of the food.

I guess most of my co-curricular stuff is charitable but there are numerous youth festivals every years (in particular the south west area) where they need volunteers to help with day-time activities and helping out. It's good fun and looks good on your resume. =)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I'm acting as a location leader for Starlight Foundation in May.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you are at mq...check out the global leadership program...google it or something.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Our school is making all of year 12 to volunteer in night patrol.

JoOYcE!

HSC
i've done volunteer work for the RSPCA taking home animals and looking after them and we do all these other activities like training them and stuff its so cool and fun i thought it was a great experience :)

numbakruncha

HSC
Rural Fire Serivce looks awesome on your resume mate-it's not dangerous at all, as the safety requirements are extremely well made to suit all types of volunteers. I've been doing it since I was 16 (miniumm age) and it's a great way to help people. Makes you feel real good about yourself.

Just an indea.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)