Has the 'Does God Exist Thread' impacted you in any way?? (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
In other words has the thread made you go 'hey there is a God' or 'atheists rule' or simply reaffirmed your faith

for me its done the latter, sort of cemented my beliefs

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It originally put me off God, curse be upon moonlight, but I have since seen the error and stormed it for Jesus.

My approach favours the emotional. My fav colour is blood red. I love the Queen, etc

Jaylee42003

HSC
it made my brain hurt lol
..or head..to be technically correct..one does not have pain receptors in the brain :)
hasn't changed my thinking one bit. there is a god :)

Laika_

Banned
HSC
I made me think you're all prats for arguing about it.Then it made me feel sad because it reaffirmed the fact that there actually are people dumb enough to believe in god.Then it made me happy cos it showed that there were plenty of kids around who are willing to call you faggots and retards for believing in god lol

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It has reaffirmed my horror at the wilful ignorance - or more accurately, self-delusions - of a frightening proportion of the world.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
it made my brain hurt lol
..or head..to be technically correct..one does not have pain receptors in the brain :)
hasn't changed my thinking one bit. there is a god :)
That's one thing i'm sure of :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It has reaffirmed my horror at the wilful ignorance - or more accurately, self-delusions - of a frightening proportion of the world.
Lol, sure, bc the answer is so clear isnt it, you arrogant bitch?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I made me think you're all prats for arguing about it.Then it made me feel sad because it reaffirmed the fact that there actually are people dumb enough to believe in god.Then it made me happy cos it showed that there were plenty of kids around who are willing to call you faggots and retards for believing in god lol
that was a bit of a blanket statement.

you would be quite naive to suggest that no intelligent person could be satisfied with the belief there is a God. likewise i would be naive to suggest the same about athiesm.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
In other words has the thread made you go 'hey there is a God' or 'atheists rule' or simply reaffirmed your faith

for me its done the latter, sort of cemented my beliefs
But you only really started posting in it yesterday...

and I think I and others gave fair and comprehensive criticism of many of the points you made. Some of the points you made, such as to suggest that the big bang is less certain than the claims of Christianity, because no one has observed it, is very misinformed and I would hope you have reconsidered the reality of this event.

So in two days, with much criticism of various points, and only having exposure to points made by the likes of Iron that, while fair, should be obvious and already a known quantity to any reasonable Christian, and should be nothing persuasive and informative if you've spent much time with an actual clergyman, you've somehow come to a cemented belief??

Are you being intellectually honest with yourself?

pman

Banned
HSC
But you only really started posting in it yesterday...

and I think I and others gave fair and comprehensive criticism of many of the points you made. Some of the points you made, such as to suggest that the big bang is less certain than the claims of Christianity, because no one has observed it, is very misinformed and I would hope you have reconsidered the reality of this event.

So in two days, with much criticism of various points, and only having exposure to points made by the likes of Iron that, while fair, should be obvious and already a known quantity to any reasonable Christian, and should be nothing persuasive and informative if you've spent much time with an actual clergyman, you've somehow come to a cemented belief??

Are you being intellectually honest with yourself?
Cemeted belief means that she was already a christian!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
No, cemented means you've received additional information that has added weight and made the beliefs you already held more grounded. It states a stronger, more certain position.

I can't understand why this should be the case. Her beliefs could be unchanged, but you can't really be listening if they've been 'cemented'.

Given criticism of some things she posted, she should be questioning and reevaluating if anything.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
As a Christian, it disappoints me that Christians who are attempting priori proofs for God on there are essentially failing to recognise some of the fundamental qualities of the God that they seek to explain

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
tbh it's simply a distraction from study and like Kwayera pointed out, a detailed investigation into the effect that the tv show 'Supernatural' is having on teenage minds...disgraceful :p

BradCube

HSC
The "Does God Exist?" thread has been the single most impacting/influential thread in my entire life thus far. It has caused me to agonizingly wrestle with my faith and re-adjust my entire world view in light of discussions and opinions found within. I could not think of any thread (or possibly anything at all) which has been the cause of such dramatic honest self searching.

The thread used to take it's toll on both my emotions and mind, but these days I find myself pleasantly browsing the opinions and becoming indifferent to ad hominem attacks.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
tbh it's simply a distraction from study and like Kwayera pointed out, a detailed investigation into the effect that the tv show 'Supernatural' is having on teenage minds...disgraceful :p
Take that back homo.

I love Supernatural. :shy:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
The "Does God Exist?" thread has been the single most impacting/influential thread in my entire life thus far. It has caused me to agonizingly wrestle with my faith and re-adjust my entire world view in light of discussions and opinions found within. I could not think of any thread (or possibly anything at all) which has been the cause of such dramatic honest self searching.

The thread used to take it's toll on both my emotions and mind, but these days I find myself pleasantly browsing the opinions and becoming indifferent to ad hominem attacks.
hahaha. win

i tried to rep you and i got 'must spread rep'.

i don't recall ever repping you before =/

but yeah. that thread.. man. i laughed i cried it changed my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)