• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private school? (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
Re: has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private scho

A High Way Man said:
yep. 2 people from cherrybrook tech got 100 last year. its not a selective nor a private school

the quality of public education varies widely. Often youll find yourself a bad cohort or bda teachers. To do well, You have to work harder to learn the material -- ie do more than the required work set out by the teachers -- but it will obviously pay off.

Someone got 100 in the '04 cohort @ cherrybrook as well
Go CTHS. (I go there, in case its not glaringly obvious already .) We nearly got 3 last year too, with one person getting 99.95.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I think it has been established that it is indeed very possible to achieve a perfect UAI in a public school.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Re: has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private scho

taki999 said:
Really it depends on how you teach yourself. Going to a selective school really just puts pressure/ expects you to get a better UAI due to competition from other top students within that school.
Not really. Depends on what selective school you go to. Some of them are pretty competitive, but it's more about competing against other schools then with the each other. Most selectives are okay. I know I'm biased since I went to one, but my school was very open. It's not so much competition between the students as a higher focus on academics. Although, there is bound to be a little competition, but that's normal in all schools, not just selective.

You'd actually be surprised how much pressure and expectation comes from the student themselves and not the people around them.

ccc123 said:
Anyway, to answer the original question, I think it has been established that it is indeed very possible to achieve a perfect UAI in a public school.
Just as it is possible to get a shit UAI when you go to a selective/private school. It all depends on the student and how hard they're willing to work.

There's this public school near where I went that's really bad, but two years ago someone got a 99.95. *shrugs* If you work hard and consistently and really buckle down until the HSC I don't see why you can't get a high UAI.

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC

o.bi.sess said:
Not really. Depends on what selective school you go to. Some of them are pretty competitive, but it's more about competing against other schools then with the each other. Most selectives are okay. I know I'm biased since I went to one, but my school was very open. It's not so much competition between the students as a higher focus on academics. Although, there is bound to be a little competition, but that's normal in all schools, not just selective.

You'd actually be surprised how much pressure and expectation comes from the student themselves and not the people around them.

Just as it is possible to get a shit UAI when you go to a selective/private school. It all depends on the student and how hard they're willing to work.

There's this public school near where I went that's really bad, but two years ago someone got a 99.95. *shrugs* If you work hard and consistently and really buckle down until the HSC I don't see why you can't get a high UAI.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Razizi said:
Lol Patrician Brothers. A bit off topic, but do you know a guy called Francis Missaghi who goes to your school? xD.
Nup, sorry - what year is he in?

Anyway - I don't think it would matter what school you go to - Public, Private, Religious or Selective - because every school follows the curriculum for the HSC - so you learn the same stuff.

Aznmichael92

HSC
it doesnt mean if you dont go to a selective school, you will not get a UAI of 100.

Some selective students dont even get in the nineties while some dont even make it to uni. It really depends on if you are willing to put in the effort to study.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Razizi said:
Lol Patrician Brothers. A bit off topic, but do you know a guy called Francis Missaghi who goes to your school? xD.
He goes to my school. He was in my class last year.

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
meaning to get a UAI of 100, you do not neccessarily have to go to a Selective school? Make sense?

How about this. You can still get a UAI of 100 at any school?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
meaning to get a UAI of 100, you do not neccessarily have to go to a Selective school? Make sense?

How about this. You can still get a UAI of 100 at any school?
Yeah the second makes a little more sense. I understood what you were trying to say but it wasnt real clear

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Yeah the second makes a little more sense. I understood what you were trying to say but it wasnt real clear
trying to pick on me are we?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
trying to pick on me are we?
Nope. Unless you start talking shit. I can... you know... pick on your if you want... cyber stalking is so much fun

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Nope. Unless you start talking shit. I can... you know... pick on your if you want... cyber stalking is so much fun
that is considered trolling, doesnt this forum has some rule against that? lol

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
that is considered trolling, doesnt this forum has some rule against that? lol
but wait... maybe... just maybe i was joking :O shocking isnt it? and im not a troll

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
lol trolling doesnt mean u r a troll :D
LOL if i was going to start trolling it would be doing way more interesting things than replying to your sometimes ignorant comments lol duh

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Are you confused with his statement? What's the worry?

He is right. If you're willing to put in the effort, attain top ranks in the internals and ace the external final exam, 100 UAI is possible for a public high school :uhhuh:.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Razizi said:
Are you confused with his statement? What's the worry?

He is right. If you're willing to put in the effort, attain top ranks in the internals and ace the external final exam, 100 UAI is possible for a public high school :uhhuh:.
I was posting sleep deprived. His post just didnt sound right at the time. Its all good.

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
I was posting sleep deprived. His post just didnt sound right at the time. Its all good.
Is it because I am asian and you are doubting me?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
Is it because I am asian and you are doubting me?
LMAO no. I couldnt care if you were asian... but think that if it makes you feel better. I dunno it seems like you have a bigger issue with me than the one your dreaming I have with you.

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
LMAO no. I couldnt care if you were asian... but think that if it makes you feel better. I dunno it seems like you have a bigger issue with me than the one your dreaming I have with you.
haha no, i am only joking around to lighten up this atmposphere :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)