"Hating Nonna Session" Looking for Alibrandi (1 Viewer)

Jarm

Hey does anybody know what page the hating Nonna session is on?

I was thinkng of using the technique of repitition. I am a bit worried though that it is insignificant as a technique in the bigger picture of the "Change perspective"

UPDATE! As of 3:30 pm Wednesday 15th
Just updated my techniques and thought i may aswell post them here to see what you all think and so some of you can pinch them and use them... i mean i have pinched nearly all of them of other people anyway... as i allways here academics say "there is no such thing as an original idea" or something like that.

PS: still looking for what page number the Hating Nonna session
is on.

Metaphore: Metaphore of a sheep created by Sister Louise. "You were a sheep... you
were a follower not a leader, you will never amount to anything if you can be
so easily influenced"
Link Change: The lecture by sister Louise is a catalist for change in Josie. She acknoledges
and acepts responsibility for her actions. Josie protests "I am not a sheep but
comes to admit "I was wrong, I thought to myself. I honestly believed it" Josie
matures and is closer to being emacipated
1st Person
Retrospective: Imeadiatly captures the readers attention. Told through Josies eyes the story
allows the responder to see the process of change working on her. at times
the narrative stance of the novel predjudices the reader agaist different characters,
but this also allows Josie to pass comment with the benifit of hindsight.
Link Change: The reader see Josies perceptions of change and the reader also sees how those
around her influence it.

Actual Places: Marchetta has used references to actual places in sydney in her novel such as
"Glebe". This adds realism to the novel and authenticy

Language Style: The novel is written from a teenagers perspective and the teenager style of
language in the novel reflects this. The Dialogue between the characters is
realistic. Josie speaks like a real Australian teenager.
Link Change: As josies perspective matures so does the language style, becoming more
adult like to symbolise her emancipation.

Plot: Relies on chance and coincidence.

Repitition: 'Hating Nonna Session' "I hated her"

I can create the whole concept of change in Josie but it is hard at times to link these changes with the techniques. Anybody else having these same problems?

Last edited:

Glide

I saw a sample from last year that used the technique of a 'teen-ager' style of writing the beginning of the book, progressing to a more adult language style at the end, which of course symbolises her emancipation... could be useful as a backup.

I dont really have much techniques for alibrani, perhaps others could share some ? :D

First person perspective is by far the best technique avaliable

Jarm

is that your car in your sig? Very nice!

Also another technique i will probably use is that of the metaphor of the Sheep portrayed by sister Louise "you were a sheep... you were a follower not a leader, you will never amount to anything if you can be so easily influenced."

Last edited:

Glide

Yeah thats my car :D

Hmm nice metaphor of the sheep there, thanks!

Leap

free falling
HSC
humour/hyperbole "Telecom would go broke if it wasn't for the Italians"

Jarm

Thank you Leap for a Geat technique. Hmm... I have so many on Josies change now. I will have to only use a few i guess. I should probably look at finding some about Jacob do you think?

My teacher said it would be wise in the exam to do a Large paragraph on Change with Josie and maybe add in her relationshiip with her Nonna as it changes with perspective and then do another small paragraph on Josies relationship with Jacob Coote.

Glide

Hmm yeah.. I dont think im going to stray too much away from josie though, im not the fastest writer.. gotta try squeeze at least 4 texts in, maybe 5. Depends on the question I guess.

Jarm

Yeah mostly all this practice that im doing now is really wishfull thinking... when i get to the exam im just gonna stress out and only remember half of what i studies for.

Jarm

Originally posted by Glide
I saw a sample from last year that used the technique of a 'teen-ager' style of writing the beginning of the book, progressing to a more adult language style at the end, which of course symbolises her emancipation... could be useful as a backup.
Thankyou for that I am going to use it but i have tied it in with language as a whole. eg the colloqual language and everything to do with language style. But I will say that it eveolves as Josie matures.

Is this really true. I am not sure if the teachers will buy it. I need a qoute from that start of the novel to show Josies immatureity and then one at the end of the novel showing her maturity.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE QUOTES I COULD USE TO ACHIEVE THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

jessy92

HSC
does anyone know where i can find the part in th book where nonna is explaning how she got to australia.?

i really need quotes, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)