hating scaling. >=/ (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
dont worry about scaling or subjects.
do whatever subjects you enjoy and do well at.
study hard and let the board of studies work out scaling.

also, stop stressing out, you shouldnt compare yourself the rest of your grade. do the best that you can and you should be set.

sigh*
im trying :uhoh: loll..
thnx thoo =]
everytime someone tells me ' scaling doesnt matter ' .. or something along those liness.. i get a tiny glimmer of hopeee..:rolleyes: loll.
:read:

omarast

HSC
well put it dis way getting 80 in 2unit maths is alot more effort den getting it in general maths, + with general u can put more time in other subjects. but den agen some ppl have natural abiltiy in some fields den others. for example some1 mite be good at physics and shit at business studies

zzzz12345

HSC
ro.25 said:
ahh i see... i haven't done much research into it but i see u have. i neda talk to my careers advisor...im just really iffy about the general maths thing and the whole scaling range. i reckon scaling shudnt be included...it should be looked at through the individual performance
If there was no scaling then everyone would do the 'easier' subjects. E.g. Is it fair that a person who does General Mathematics should get a higher maths mark than someone who does 4U Mathematics with this difference only being due to the comparative difficulty of the subjects. I.e. It is much, much harder to get a high mark in 4U maths because the course is much more difficult, intense and covers more demanding areas. Scaling is a way to make the system fairer and not disadvantage those who pick the more strenuous subjects (compared to those who pick subjects that are less demanding). But seriously, you shouldn't really worry about scaling; the most important thing to think about is your own performance and the effort you put in. You don't have to do 4U maths, Chemistry, Physics etc. in order to get an UAI of even 100, I know people who have done all humanities and have still achieved fantastic results; the most important thing to worry about is your own personal performance as you actually get a say in that and simply let UAC worry about the scaling. People who believe that doing 4U maths will definitely get them a very high UAI even if they are terrible at the subject and do no work are in for a rude shock when they receive something around 60 while those who do ‘lower scaling’ humanities but do well can achieve UAIs >90. Essentially as long as you work hard in whatever the subjects you’re doing you can achieve a good UAI and those subjects don’t necessarily have to include something like 4U Maths.

SiN3m

HSC
i like the idea of scaling coz that way one school can't igve their students really high marks they don't deserve and so even if they do crap in the HSC are in an advantage. with the scaling, those marked easier will end up having a lower mark than those marked harder a higher mark so that they are kinda more even.....

H4rdc0r3

HSC
Aerath said:
LOL, it's more like - I've got enough to worry about without having to worry about scaling. :p
Ask any of the SBHS people here - I'm very prone to mood swings and I stress out more than anyone else in my grade.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhaHA~!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
general maths is scaled down to my knowledge
advanced english has to be counted, so do well!
society and culture is also scaled down to my knowledge
ancient history is a neutral subject i think - scaling doesn't affect it so much
history extension is a pretty difficult subject. not sure about scaling. it might be neutral, or it might scale up just a bit
studies of religion is scaled down i think
legal studies is a neutral subject

basically scaling doesn't really affect your marks THAT much. just maintain really good ranks in school, and do really well in the external exams. that pretty much gets you a good UAI. scaling is only minimal, not the main player in determining UAI.

p.s. NEVER rely on scaling for ANYTHING. it won't actually give you great big boosts in marks.

jazzbaby

HSC
omgd. said:
OKK.

is anyone else in year 11 majorly stressing out as yr 12's getting closer n closerrrr.... :(

everyone around me is doing subjects like physicss. and chemm.. and 4u mathsss.. and im totally stressing out because ive just decided to drop to general maths ! >.< . how ' influential ' is scalingg ? .... as in ....

what would be the minimum mark i can gett in my subjects if i want to get a uai in the high 90's ? [ sounds really stupiddd.. cant think of any other way to word it ... basicallyyy.. if worst comes to worstt.. where would my last hope lie at =s ]

all the courses im interested in requires high 90's .... :(

my subjects aree

general maths
avd eng
society and culture
ancient history
history ext [ picking up ]
studies of religion
legal studiess.

im not a maths & sciency person.. makes me depressed thinking about itt.. becaause i really wish i was * sigh *

well anyhoww.
what are the chances of me getting high 90's ? can anyone give me a roughish ideaa ?

im told that ranking is the most important aspect. my grade has 450 which makes it REALLY hardddd... :(
am not a sciency person myself
dont stress too much
just do your absolute best and even if u dont get the req. uai..theres many ways around it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)