Have you ever dated someone you considered ugly? (1 Viewer)

Have you ever dated someone you considered ugly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
secret said:
lol, awh thanks tlodg.

Yea that's it. Like the girlfriend I have now. We first met @ a party when we were 17 -introduced by a friend. Anyway, she happen to work right next to place I was working at and we would meet up and shout one another lunch -let's call her J. Anyways, I would have never thought that we would ever attract because she was very blunt regarding world issues and swore a hell of a lot. I mean, real bad -every second word was like "fuck, cunt, motherfucker, bitch, fuckhead, prick" But after a while, I began to see her change from being a really outragous individual to a calm, sensitive person. Later on, her friend approached me and said, "You're really starting to influence J", -after she told me that, I was trying to dodge J but couldn't because it was too late -I had allready gained feelings for her.

She give a card to workmate to pass onto me and it was the most fucking sweetist thing *tear drops from eye* -I aint gona tell you though. Anyways, I eventually confronted her and she told me she has feelings for me.

See how two opposites attract? She was a very outgoing person, and I am far from outgoing, but we're together and happy.

:jaw: that is so beautiful!
how lovely
<3
i adore those stories
im so happy 4 u secret!!!
all the best to you sweethearts!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
secret said:
lol, awh thanks tlodg.

Yea that's it. Like the girlfriend I have now. We first met @ a party when we were 17 -introduced by a friend. Anyway, she happen to work right next to place I was working at and we would meet up and shout one another lunch -let's call her J. Anyways, I would have never thought that we would ever attract because she was very blunt regarding world issues and swore a hell of a lot. I mean, real bad -every second word was like "fuck, cunt, motherfucker, bitch, fuckhead, prick" But after a while, I began to see her change from being a really outragous individual to a calm, sensitive person. Later on, her friend approached me and said, "You're really starting to influence J", -after she told me that, I was trying to dodge J but couldn't because it was too late -I had allready gained feelings for her.

She give a card to workmate to pass onto me and it was the most fucking sweetist thing *tear drops from eye* -I aint gona tell you though. Anyways, I eventually confronted her and she told me she has feelings for me.

See how two opposites attract? She was a very outgoing person, and I am far from outgoing, but we're together and happy.
see, it's these things that make me believe in fate. It seems like it was all meant to be. it's often that we end up being with someone we never thought we'll ever be with! how romantic is that.... (like a movie)
and just cuz a girl swears doesn't mean she is a bad girl.... hehe maybe I'm trying to convince myself that I'm a good girl... It's better not to swear that much but if it wasn't intended to hurt anyone then it's alright I guess...

it's cool that you took the time to see something other than the obvious and discovered the calm, sensitive side of her.. did she do anything different to make you see that? or did you just see "through" her semblances

and who said u're far from outgoing? hehe at least you had the courage to confront her about her feelings! I wish I knew what was on the card.... it makes me so curious!

SweetSeasons

HSC
I don't think looks are important.. I'm no pretty picture my self, I think it would be hypocritical of me to only date people I found to be good looking.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Did she really "change" or is it just the real her that you haven't discovered at first?

well you might not be out-going, but to me, what you did was brave.... I could never do that. hehe

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
secret said:
Come-on tlodh, unique, spit them out.
i wish i had a story like yours to tell...and no doubt one day i will...
but none of my 'love' stories end really happily.
i havent found what im looking for just yet </3
but i trust Gods timing...
i mean i have thought that i'd found 'the one' a couple of times now...
but something always happens to scare me away... and i go all shy and ruin it :p
but i've learnt alot of cool lessons along the way re: how to deal with guys.

lol
lesson no1: communication :duh:!
lesson no2: make sure they know where you are at
lesson no3:don't let nerves get the best of you
lesson no4:do NOT rush into things
lesson no5: ensure you have a strong friendship foundation.
lesson no6: listen to mums advice ((in my cases shes been right every single time... but i guess everyones different))

:cool: secret, im so happy for you!!! you sound very content with where u are at :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I agree with #4 and 5, but I don't get #2

tlodg

HSC
N/A
that would be ...
considering you're not single right now

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
why will you be in 2007???
????????????????????????
and yes i plan on staying single for a year or two-- maybe even 10! :p
who knows...

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
tlodg said:
I agree with #4 and 5, but I don't get #2
oh...just make sure they know where ur feelings are at...
if you don't like them more than a friend MAKE SURE THEY KNOW...
if youre having doubts, talk about it etc etc
basically just be open

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ugly ex: well he didnt look that good physically (and now i cringe at how ugly he was). personality-wise, he was sweet/semi-romantic to start off with, but then i saw the millions of problems he had & found out that he was a druggo. the icing on the cake was when he started to try and make me jealous because he was talking to this other chick heaps and having fun with her.
basically he just got progressively worse (or i just saw the 'real' him), and he became ugly to me...we also had next to nothing in common, but i didnt realise that until close to the end. its like the opposite of the personality making them appear hot to you.
*yooneek* said:
lesson no1: communication :duh:!
lesson no2: make sure they know where you are at
lesson no3:don't let nerves get the best of you
lesson no4:do NOT rush into things
lesson no5: ensure you have a strong friendship foundation.
lesson no6: listen to mums advice ((in my cases shes been right every single time... but i guess everyones different))
#1 - very important. not just talking about random crap (though that can keep you interested, even if you dont really know what they're on about), but more importantly talking about what stuff means a lot to you, feelings, what you want in your relationship (and working out how to get that, or actually finding out what you want)
#2 - make sure they know where you're at, but more importantly make sure YOU know where you're at. dont let the lovey-dovey blind you from realising/remembering how you're feeling in the relationship
#3 - true
#4&5 - very true...i've learnt these the hard way. having a relationship based purely on the lovey-dovey-ness is something many of us do at least once or twice when we're first starting out, and letting yourself believe that this fairytale romantice is true is the worst thing you can do - it blinds you from what's really happening and just prolongs a relationship that isnt going anywhere.
personally, none of my relationships have had a strong friendship beforehand. from this experience, i can tell you that unless you try to start building a friendship (or build on to what you had before) towards the start of the relationship, you're not really going to have anything much to keep you together once you get over the 'puppy love' beginning.
#6 - unless mum knows more/as much as you do about your partner/relationship, she's not really going to be someone you want to listen to that much. truthfuly, not many people want to take mum's advice about simple everyday stuff let alone about their relationship

lgm

HSC
The answer - Yes - the reason - because I'm a sadistic self centered moron who has 2 brains in his body one bigger than the other.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, yes i have dated someone i consider ugly (who wouldn't...he had mole thingo on his lips and beside his ear). I met him for free New York Cheesecake and Capuccino at posh cafe that I always wanted to go but could not be bothered to pay on my own (am not stingy). Plus, he was rich 29 years old man working as engineer in some company. I met him online and told him that I go to TAFE and am 19 years old. Those photos on the online *institution* are very fake, ledies and gents! (warning...cough cough)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
alby said:
ugly ex: well he didnt look that good physically (and now i cringe at how ugly he was). personality-wise, he was sweet/semi-romantic to start off with, but then i saw the millions of problems he had & found out that he was a druggo. the icing on the cake was when he started to try and make me jealous because he was talking to this other chick heaps and having fun with her.
basically he just got progressively worse (or i just saw the 'real' him), and he became ugly to me...we also had next to nothing in common, but i didnt realise that until close to the end. its like the opposite of the personality making them appear hot to you.
#1 - very important. not just talking about random crap (though that can keep you interested, even if you dont really know what they're on about), but more importantly talking about what stuff means a lot to you, feelings, what you want in your relationship (and working out how to get that, or actually finding out what you want)
#2 - make sure they know where you're at, but more importantly make sure YOU know where you're at. dont let the lovey-dovey blind you from realising/remembering how you're feeling in the relationship
#3 - true
#4&5 - very true...i've learnt these the hard way. having a relationship based purely on the lovey-dovey-ness is something many of us do at least once or twice when we're first starting out, and letting yourself believe that this fairytale romantice is true is the worst thing you can do - it blinds you from what's really happening and just prolongs a relationship that isnt going anywhere.
personally, none of my relationships have had a strong friendship beforehand. from this experience, i can tell you that unless you try to start building a friendship (or build on to what you had before) towards the start of the relationship, you're not really going to have anything much to keep you together once you get over the 'puppy love' beginning.
#6 - unless mum knows more/as much as you do about your partner/relationship, she's not really going to be someone you want to listen to that much. truthfuly, not many people want to take mum's advice about simple everyday stuff let alone about their relationship
:cool: extremely true re: knowing where you're at.

and yes, i totally realise most people dont take their mums advice... i've just learnt the hard way that mine does know what she's talking about and her advice to me is out of love not because she wants to ruin my life...but yes, everyones mum isn't the same as mine.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
i dunno if id eva date an ugly guy coz like id feel like heapz weird bein seen with him n plus i onli eva dated hot guyz b4 so i dun think thatz going 2 change any time soon!

FuNkYBaBe

HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
i dunno if id eva date an ugly guy coz like id feel like heapz weird bein seen with him n plus i onli eva dated hot guyz b4 so i dun think thatz going 2 change any time soon!
i No WoT u MeAn.. Ma BF iZ rLy Hott AnD i WoUlDnT EvA LeAvE HiM!! He iS So GoOd Az a HanDbaG LoL!

FuNkYBaBe

HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
wot do u mean handbag?
i MeAn He CoMplInEnTz Ma OwN GoOd LoOks AnD Iz Gr8 JuZ As An AccEzoRRy LyK HaNgiNg OfF Ma ArM!

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
ohhh! haha datz really cute i neva heard dat b4! hehe dats awsum! i dun have a bf atm tho! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)