Having a hard time (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it's good to have a strict schedule, I just have a list of what homework needs to be done and study whenever I feel like it. But that's just me...

dan2452

HSC
in year 11 you'll just be studying things you don't need to know. IMO study how to study, (learn) then apply in year 11. Although revise things you don't understand. Learn essay writing, analysis, etc.

May sound like a lazy ass but I think that's the best way to go about prelim.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
I don't think it's good to have a strict schedule, I just have a list of what homework needs to be done and study whenever I feel like it. But that's just me...
It really does depend on how you operate. Some people need that strict schedule so they can:
1. Allow themselves to have a break AND
2. Not overwork, OR
3. Not spend too much time having a break AND
4. Make sure they spend enough time working.

Some can work as they go and keep the schedule in the head, but sometimes being answerable to a written schedule can make the difference AND it helps others come on board and not interrupt and encourage you to work and break as well.

ar7

HSC
its amazing how you guys have no one that laughs/tease's your marks when you badly! i thought it was a competitive world O_O.
there is no point laughing at each others marks, when come hsc your whole cohort is judged as one and everyone counts and all are affected by the performance of each individual. maybe its because they are asian....

crystalpower

HSC
ok firstly make a timetable of what to study for and stick to the time e.g 40 mins each subject and make sure u exercise good don't stress !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the trust me it's really hard for me too study coz i have a noisy family pulse my older brother wants me too fail my hsc so he can be the smartest in the house (which is not going 2 happen) what i'm trying 2 say that my life is busy but i still study hard and i just done all my half yearly and i think i did really well and plez don't worry about the half yearly. you still have yearly exams that u could improve ")
merci:))))))))):sun:

spakfilla

HSC
there is no point laughing at each others marks, when come hsc your whole cohort is judged as one and everyone counts and all are affected by the performance of each individual. maybe its because they are asian....
Probably!!!!!!!!!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yes year 11 doesn't count but it should be used well to improve your study skills and capabilities in year 12. Don't worry, year 11 term 1 is one of the hardest terms to adjust to the workload and expectations. I found it especially difficult but if you can completely understand the work and enjoy it enough then this would result in better marks. Keep thinking about topping the class IMO, this will be great motivation but don't let it keep you down. Just use that "disappointing" result as motivation to improve. Find motivating friends, I have two "motivators" who help me through pretty much anything.

grammarye

HSC
1) Keep things in perspective. What is the highest and lowest mark you need to get in order to get into the course you want? There's a 50/50 chance you might change your mind during first year of uni, so don't stress. If you want to get into Medicine or Law, there is always a back door, don't be to proud to use it, chances are the people who get into them the first time around end up hating it.

2) Don't ever obsess over your marks. Alright, do so for 5 minutes, but only look at your last marks as a guide on how hard you need to study for your next exam on the subject.

3) Use those arrogant comments over your marks as competitive motivation. Say: 'I'm going to make you eat the crap that comes out of your mouth when I get my HSC marks back, but, hey, wait, you'll be too busy choking over what horrible results you got.'

4) BREATHE. This goes without saying, but relax, it's only your Preliminary. You're just discovering how to do things to get the best marks for your HSC. Investing your time doing something relaxing for a reasonable period of time and studying afterwards is bound to be better to an over-stressed study machine and coming to school as mentally capable as a zombie.

5) Stay positive. Stay confident in your abilities, keep away from the people professing the doom & gloom that would be the outcome of whatever. Panic and stress before an exam is a big fat NO, becoming erratic and nervous before a test will make you forget things. Chill, take a deep gulp of water, go for a run...just not before the test.

I myself am struggling to work with coping with an Accelerated HSC course along with my other Preliminary subjects, as well as 3 or 4 shifts at work per week and my other extracurriculars. Motivation comes hard; stress and defeat comes too easily.

Julie Y

HSC
I guess for term 2 (being the half yearlies) ill really have to put in the time and study hard and do well within my exams, really need to accomplish this with out failure.

any study plan ideas anyone? would appreciate a nice idea of a good study plan that works well! mine is horrible at the moment, going to bed at like 4 in the morning etc.

ok well this is generally my study time table for one of the days:
4:30-5:30 H/w
REST
5:50-6:50 H/w
DINNER + tv
7:30-8:30 subject 1
8:40-9:30 subject 2
9:40-10:30 subject 3

On the next day ~ i do the same but diff subjects (so u wont feel bored)
and when i study the subject, i read deeply, take notes, talk to myself what it is about

remember to sleep early too ! if u do, u'll feel motivated and good on the next day.... !

K i hope that helps : )

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess for term 2 (being the half yearlies) ill really have to put in the time and study hard and do well within my exams, really need to accomplish this with out failure.

any study plan ideas anyone? would appreciate a nice idea of a good study plan that works well! mine is horrible at the moment, going to bed at like 4 in the morning etc.
Oh yeah, not necessarily studying hard, but studying smart :p
Apparently I managed to do this technique with a lot of my subjects and I managed to get B's and that....

Besides, what exactly are your marks in your exams? You know, getting 50% is actually the pass rate. For me it was 80% but I've failed in almost every subject except music and 2U maths so i abandoned that rate....

Oh yeah, what time do you get back home? Do you play a lot of computer games? Do you often become distracted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)