Heellp (1 Viewer)

zeebobDD

HSC
so i'm using a poem for my related text for Module A for english, and that same poem is a prescribed text for module B

will i be still allowed to use that as a related?

Demise

HSC
Your responses for different modules will 99.9% be marked by a different marker, and even if it's the same marker, they won't know that your related text was prescribed to you.

deswa1

HSC
No I'm pretty sure you can't use a prescribed as a related.

megan_p

HSC
If it's a prescribed text you DEFINITELY cannot use it as a related, the text you choose cannot be a prescribed for any of the modules of both Advanced and Standard English, so I'd check the prescribed text list which im pretty sure is on board of studies before choosing anything. I think it's because they're are so many resources on those texts?
You can, however, have the same related text for your belonging and your module.

Spoken12

HSC
Hold on, related text for Mod A? You don't need one. Unless I have been wrong the whole year? Haha.

zeebobDD

HSC
yea, it is marked by different people different modules, but thanks for the info guy:)

unLimitieDx

HSC
Umm actually im using a prescribed text as a related text for module C and a few of my teachers said its fine....

cheepy5

HSC
you can use a prescribed as long as its from a different module

deswa1

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can't use a prescribed from ANY standard, advanced or extension module. I'll try and confirm though

nightweaver066

HSC
If someone confirms yes, just to let you know, if you do use it as a related, the teacher marking your script is likely to know ALL about it so they can mark it more strictly compared to another text that they've never heard of.

onedaysnotice

HSC
I wouldn't risk it. ORTs are meant to assess how well you can analyse a text by yourself. But if you use a prescribed text for another module, it's very possible that that is one of your core texts that you studied. Consequently, most of the analysis could've been done for you, even though the focus is different. Whether or not it is one of your core texts wouldn't matter to the marker, they'd probably just assume that it is and mark you more harshly for it. :/

nifkeh

HSC
hmm.. I was about to choose a prescribed myself, thanks for warning :)

lolcakes52

HSC
They mark people down if they use a prescribed text as a related text. Even if you dont use the prescribed text as a prescribed text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)