Help, Assignment is confusing !! (1 Viewer)

Jamouna

HSC
Hi, this assignment is killing me i dont really get it. sum1 plz explain :D

the owner of a mini-mart has installed a new computer system to assist in managing teh daily running of the store. check the stock in the store; control all transaction and ordering procedures. the owner is not happy with the way the system is running.

The owner of the mart approaches you as system analyst and asks you to fix the problems. You have to examine the problems in the system: computer hardware and software present, the way transactions are taking place at the point of sale, the method use the handle the financial transactions, the way the merchandise is being ordered and arranged in the store and the warehouse.
Propose new changes to the system hardware and software, if necessary the way transactions should take place the methods of ordering new stock and the proper methods needed to keep the system secure and safe in case of an unexpected failure.

Thanks. :D

KaLibuR

HSC
Seems to me that they can't ask you to fix something that isn't broken. They simply can't say "he isn't happy, improve the system". What isn't he happy about?!

Fingers crossed this question dosen't appear in our paper today!

Xenmae

HSC
the question should mention what the problems are, i feel thats what is missing and should be included or it seems liek that the boss just wants an upgrade

Last edited:

wonderhero2

HSC
I'm really confused about the following question?

Identify the information technology, data/information, information processes and participants involved in the cheque clearance process.

:confused:

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
I'm really confused about the following question?

Identify the information technology, data/information, information processes and participants involved in the cheque clearance process.

:confused:
This is a stock standard question for IPT - I am confused you are confused

information technology - think hardware, software, communication
data/information - input / output
information processes - C O A S P T D

which textbook do you have ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)