Help! Data flow diagram symbols? (1 Viewer)

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey! I am having trouble remembering what these symbols mean? If anyone could please help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is the file which has the symbols on it. It's just a word document so hopefully it works.

Thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have the textbook, it's in there. It should be in both your year11 and year12 textbooks somewhere in the beginning.

I'd help you more but I can't really remember much either. I only remembered the important ones- process, decisions, printout, external data, and worked with those.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
its not a data flow diagram - its a system flow chart symbols....
if you get one of those templates it has all the ones you need with their names on them. i know you can't take them into the exams - but its good for practicing beforehand.
if you look in word, and you choose the system flow chart symbols and hover your mouse over them, it actually tells you what they are (like the one on the left).
the one on the right is a communication link - like if youre going to a net server or sending something external of the system ie. transaction details to the bank.

Last edited:

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure the left one is a printed output, e.g. a receipt. and yes the one on the right is a communications link.

AnotherAznGuy

HSC
N/A
umm the left one is a paper document and the lighting thing is a telecomunications link =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)