Help for CAFS students. (1 Viewer)

SamanthaDenne

HSC
Hey,
I do CAFS now and I am doingmy major assignment (IRP) i really need some help starting the project plan.. I hope you can help
Hey cafsers,
Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you :) I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
So let me know if you need anything.
Good luck!!

Kat92

HSC
Hey,
I do CAFS now and I am doingmy major assignment (IRP) i really need some help starting the project plan.. I hope you can help
I am not possessionless but anyway-

What you need to do is have sections (pages) as follows:

1. Subject of research hypothesis
2. Explanation of project aim/goals.
3. Primary and secondary data resources that will be used
4. Which methodologies will be used and why
5. Pilot survey questions.
6. Timeline Proposed actual in a Gantt chart.
7. Ethical Issues related to the IRP to be undertaken.

Also explicit literacy criteria could be taken into account so things like:

*Have you used capital letters and full stops correctly.
* Have you used other types of punctuation where necessary.
* Do your sentences make sense
* Have you used varied and appropriate sentences.
* Have you used paragraphs.

There are samples underneath resources on this site.

Good Luck! :)

jaydie13

HSC
in regards to the IRP what has to written for the recomendations. do we have to recomend information for next years cafs students doing their IRP?

Kat92

HSC
in regards to the IRP what has to written for the recomendations. do we have to recomend information for next years cafs students doing their IRP?
I actually did not have a recommendations section in my IRP- unless it my teacher called it something else.

I am thinking your teacher wants what could be improved with the methodologies,etc. Yes, you could also take that approach- but double check what your teacher wants. :)

dessydessy

HSC
Hey cafsers,
Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you :) I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
So let me know if you need anything.
Good luck!!
Hi im doing my literature review in cafs and i am doing it on IVF i have someone to interview im just not sure on the layout, is there any chance you could help with that? thankyou

aMouldyTaco

HSC
im having a major problem!
my project proposal is due in two days and i have no idea how to lay it out or what to include!
so far my topic is "the influence an adult child with a life long disability has on the older parent"

Kat92

HSC
Hi im doing my literature review in cafs and i am doing it on IVF i have someone to interview im just not sure on the layout, is there any chance you could help with that? thankyou
Example CAFS IRP's can be found under the resources section on this site. :)

Kat92

HSC
im having a major problem!
my project proposal is due in two days and i have no idea how to lay it out or what to include!
so far my topic is "the influence an adult child with a life long disability has on the older parent"
aMouldyTaco sorry that I couldn't get to this earlier. If it is not too late:

A sample layout could include:

1. Subject of research hypothesis
2. Explanation of project aim/goals.
3. Primary and secondary data resources that will be used
4. Which methodologies will be used and why
5. Pilot survey questions.
6. Timeline Proposed actual in a Gantt chart.
7. Ethical Issues related to the IRP to be undertaken.

Also explicit literacy criteria could be taken into account so things like:

*Have you used capital letters and full stops correctly.
* Have you used other types of punctuation where necessary.
* Do your sentences make sense
* Have you used varied and appropriate sentences.
* Have you used paragraphs.

Last edited:

Samanthasanders

HSC
this is my question: propose strategies that will enable these groups (rural families and the homeless) to satisfy their needs (SHE HAS SEF) equitably and will create a positive social environment for them

If anyone can help me out id appreciate it so much!:)

Lolephant

HSC
I'm currently doing CAFS and really don't understand it, anychance someone can send me their irp so I can get an idea of what to do

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'm currently doing CAFS and really don't understand it, anychance someone can send me their irp so I can get an idea of what to do
Have a look at the resources section on this site, in the CAFS folder you will find plenty of Band 6 IRP's.

Lolephant

HSC
They aren't really helping cause none of them haven't got an idea I can really do

Kat92

HSC
Lolephant- what are you interested in?? Perhaps you can turn that into an IRP to make it more interesting and easier for yourself.

sarahjoanxo

HSC
Hi !
so im new to this site, and im not quite sure how it works? I just hope someone is still replying! haha
I have my HSC trials next week and im totally flipping out because there is so much content in this subject, I just don't want to miss anything!
Do you guys have any tips for making study notes etc?
We haven't started the social impact of technology yet, but our extend response questions are based on that, what do you suggest? like just link it to common knowledge or?
thanks ! x

Kat92

HSC
Hi !
so im new to this site, and im not quite sure how it works? I just hope someone is still replying! haha
I have my HSC trials next week and im totally flipping out because there is so much content in this subject, I just don't want to miss anything!
Do you guys have any tips for making study notes etc?
We haven't started the social impact of technology yet, but our extend response questions are based on that, what do you suggest? like just link it to common knowledge or?
thanks ! x
Hi sarahjoanxo and welcome to BOS! :)

The best advice for making summary notes is to base it around the dot points that come from the syllabus documentation and to use special mnemonics to remember certain concepts.

If you haven't studied social impact of technology yet that is a bit harsh. Although, once again familiarise yourself with the syllabus and look at past papers to gain an understanding of what could potentially be asked (ARC- assessment resource centre would be a helpful site to look at for exemplar responses).

Also underneath the resources section on this site exist some previous study notes that you could take info from.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)