Help for exam (1 Viewer)

bmn

HSC
Well, our exam (essay) question is "Belonging means dealing with its antithesis"

Its quite an easy and open question, but I'd like to ask one question:

Obviously the exam question can mean when you belong to something, you do not belong to something else. What could be included in what I said? And is there anything else this could mean?

BTW, our main text is 'as you like it.'

bmn

HSC
Anyone? Lucky this isnt due for another 2 weeks...

bmn

HSC
Hmm this english section is very helpful...

Mandalie

HSC
I am doing As you like it too.
But my question is easier: "Experiences of belonging help to shape the identity of an individual"
Im trying to find texts now.

Your question, I think, is harder.
I dont really get what you mean in ""when you belong to something, you do not belong to something else"".
I thought the question meant that if you belong, you also have to deal with not belonging. And vice versa. Because if you dont belong, you belong with all the others that dont belong.. maybe!
Is that how you get that when you belong to something, you do not belong to something else?
And that would be what you 'deal with' ??

xx

bmn

HSC
Mandalie said:
I am doing As you like it too.
But my question is easier: "Experiences of belonging help to shape the identity of an individual"
Im trying to find texts now.

Your question, I think, is harder.
I dont really get what you mean in ""when you belong to something, you do not belong to something else"".
I thought the question meant that if you belong, you also have to deal with not belonging. And vice versa. Because if you dont belong, you belong with all the others that dont belong.. maybe!
Is that how you get that when you belong to something, you do not belong to something else?
And that would be what you 'deal with' ??

xx
Thats what I meant, I just worded it badly... Really badly... And I dont think it includes vice versa, I see your point, but I dont think its relevant to the question.

I kind of didnt mention the dealing part in what I said above... Thats the main bit Im asking for help on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)