HELP HELP! (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have applied for com/law which requires an atar of 96.

According to the EAS table on this site : http://info.anu.edu.au/ovc/assets/C...uaecmtg4_2011/1381EdAccessSchemeSpecs2012.pdf

my atar is moved up to 95. I was just wondering, what are my chances for a second round offer? thank you!!!!!!!!!! I AM FREEAKING OUT HEAPS!
In my experience, in the second round - for high in-demand courses, the cut-off actually rises. For lower demand courses, they would go down or drop

coldhands

HSC
i don't understand. how can the "cut-off rise" for second round offers? If they got high-er than the cut-off, wouldn't they then be likely for a mainround offer anyway? :/

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't know how, I can guess why - but that might be unhelpful to you. I just now that my degree had a main round cut-off last year of 98.15 or something, and then in the second round (when I got in) it was 99.95.

I think it has something to do with people not taking up offers and places still being available or others switching preferences around.

coldhands

HSC
aww damn, thanks for that!
bbut how come you got 95.4 and still got in? unless you had EAS.
wow, I'm really scared now :s.. but because I'm applying at ANU and scores don't really get affected by the demand..am I still likely to get a second round?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
aww damn, thanks for that!
bbut how come you got 95.4 and still got in? unless you had EAS.
wow, I'm really scared now :s.. but because I'm applying at ANU and scores don't really get affected by the demand..am I still likely to get a second round?
I got 5 bonus points.

Chances of second round depend on the main round cut-off which may change. You can't do anything about it now, so just wait and do something else and if not... then roam through the UAC guide to see what else you might like to do.

coldhands

HSC
Oh okay. thanks for that.
Also, I was wondering if it would be easier to do Commerce at ANU and then transfer into Com/Law after my first year? Would that be worth my while? What about com/economics and then transferring? or would com/economics be much harder in first year than just straight com. I know that I need to maintain a good score to transfer into com/law..but would com/eco be significantly harder than straight commerce?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Depends on transfer criteria, like high GPA/WAM or whatever. What I suggest making the decision now so it's easier because I don't know how transfers work.
2. Com/Eco? I don't know about that degree.

coldhands

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew or had an estimate on when orientation week might be? What week does it usually begin in past years? thanks.

Ishynooshy

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew or had an estimate on when orientation week might be? What week does it usually begin in past years? thanks.
IRC, O-week starts officially on 13th Feb. If you're moving into a college, they will let you collect your keys on the 11th Feb (Sat).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)