Help how do i organise my stuff? (1 Viewer)

themonalisa

HSC
ok so what do u use in law what works for u?
notebooks? binders? with dividers saying "lecture" "tute" ???

i need advice asap!

izzy88

HSC
I type law lectures- I find it much easier to get what the lecturer is saying down, then I go through and try to understand it at home.

Basically, I print out what i've typed for each lecture, as well as any powerpoints or handouts the lecturer may have given and put it all into a big A4 binder. The same with tutorials (although depending on the subject, for some I don't end up having much written down at all). Sometimes the course may be structured in topics, so if a topic goes over two or three lectures I put all that stuff together.

I then try to summarise my notes every couple of weeks or so (but I tend to get behind).

But people organise themselves in very different ways- there isn't one right way- and it may differ depending on the content of the course and how the lecture structures it.

In the end, just make sure your stuff is altogether in one place so that when it comes to studying at the end you know where all your law notes are and you haven't managed to lose any throughout the semester! (which tended to happen when I used looseleaf paper one year).

Streeter

HSC
I mainly use Microsoft OneNote, and barely keep any paper that I can have on a screen, you know.... to save the trees and all.

But seriously, I think OneNote is a terrific program for organising Uni life, but I usually have a binder for the paper that inevitably accumulates..

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I mainly use Microsoft OneNote, and barely keep any paper that I can have on a screen, you know.... to save the trees and all.

But seriously, I think OneNote is a terrific program for organising Uni life, but I usually have a binder for the paper that inevitably accumulates..
it's also easier to study off paper than a computer screen :p

i find binders are best - keeping tutes and lectures separate is a good idea, as is highlighting examinable material, and summarising it.

Streeter

HSC
I thought that in first year, but now my eyes must have gone square because I find both paper and computer screen equally comprehensible now.

Minax

HSC
I just go paperless, organizing everything in .doc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)