Help I can’t decide my subjects (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
I can’t decide whether I want to keep chemistry or resume legal studies. I initially dropped legal studies for a few weeks and kept chemistry but now I realise that my stem / science skills really lack. Like I can do chemistry sand I can do well in it but the amount of effort I have to put in it is so mich greater than if I were to a subject like legal studies.
im like actually stresssing over this cause I initially chose and was really set on chemistry cause it’s not a very subjective subject like all my other subjects and the scaling is pretty good but I’m scared that if I want to, for example, band 6 the subjecti would have to put like much more effort than many chemistry students cause I don’t think the subject comes that naturally to me.

help what do I do

kkk579

hello
HSC
I can’t decide whether I want to keep chemistry or resume legal studies. I initially dropped legal studies for a few weeks and kept chemistry but now I realise that my stem / science skills really lack. Like I can do chemistry sand I can do well in it but the amount of effort I have to put in it is so mich greater than if I were to a subject like legal studies.
im like actually stresssing over this cause I initially chose and was really set on chemistry cause it’s not a very subjective subject like all my other subjects and the scaling is pretty good but I’m scared that if I want to, for example, band 6 the subjecti would have to put like much more effort than many chemistry students cause I don’t think the subject comes that naturally to me.

help what do I do
Do you like and r u good at legal?

oot123

HSC
N/A
Do you like and r u good at legal?
I mean I skippped the first assessment cause I dropped the subject but I don’t really mind the subject it’s not my fav but it’s okay

kkk579

hello
HSC
If u enjoy chem and r doing well putting more effort in will be worth it since it doesnt seem like you like legal that much anyways

HSC

help what do I do
imo doing legal studies properly and consistently is disproportionately inefficient for your hsc in terms of time spent preparing material and the sheer amount of content compared to how much of it you will practically need for an exam. i would recommend it if you intend on studying law, not because anything is directly transferable, but it will give you a feel for some basic concepts and the way the law works.

chemistry scales well but is a completely different skillset to what is required in legal.

pick whatever you are going to enjoy most. i guarantee you will do much much better taking subjects that at least somewhat interest you as opposed to higher scaling subjects you don't enjoy/dont have aptitude for. the hsc is long and gruelling and you're going to be best placed overall with a proper workload and balance of subjects.

i think chemistry is harder as a baseline, but legal is harder to properly understand and do consistently well in. the concepts in legal aren't nearly as hard as anything in chemistry because the course goes into near zero detail of the legal nuances, but the format of the assessments and development of proper argumentative skills will mean from a humanities perspective, its not exactly a walk in the park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)