Help ! , i cant stop watching TV (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Well im sure of you have noticed that i post quite a bit on the " entertainment " section .

First of all ive tried to only watch around 5 shows a week that i really really have to watch like

1. My Restaurant Rules
2. Simpsons
3. Lost
4. Iron Chef
5. Battle Star Galactica

But lately , new shows started popping up like Jamie live and a show about futuristic gadgets And im starting to watch today tonight news . I especially hate it when im just sitting there flicking through shows for hours .

Its my HSC year and i want to do relatively well , anyone have any advice at all ?

get_born

how to stop watching tv...

WARNING:

you may not want to hear the following advice...it may hurt.

OPTION 1:

step 1: unplug your tv.
step 2: THROW IT AWAY!

OPTION 2:

step1: unplug your tv.
step 2: put it in your garage or somewhere far where you wont be bothered to walk to or a place you really dont like, or let a friend borrow it for a while.

OPTION 3:

Your lazy and you know it...your going through a psychological faze where you think you need something when really you can and WILL do better without it. Its like little 8 yr old girls thinking they need facials...anyayz...

ITS YOUR HSC YEAR...LESS THAN 4 MONTHS TO GO...IF YOU TRULEY WANTED TO DO WELL YOU'D SWITCH IT OFF...my advice...

>>> SWITCH IT OFF AND
>>> JUST DONT WATCH IT

sorry for screaming...lol...the only way i can knock some sense into you...goodluck! :)

tempco

HSC
it's called will power. switch it off after you've watched a certain amount, eg. one show. don't keep watching, "trying to see what's on next".

get_born

nekkid said:
it's called will power. switch it off after you've watched a certain amount, eg. one show. don't keep watching, "trying to see what's on next".
WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY.

YOU CAN DOO ITT!!!!!!!!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I watch
Lost
OC
Big Brother 05 sometimes
its not so bad

get_born

well yeah theres 4 months until the hsc and three months until your trials which are in week 3-4 of august.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
last_chance said:
well yeah theres 4 months until the hsc and three months until your trials which are in week 3-4 of august.
not my trials sweetie, yours. :)

v sia

HSC
last_chance said:
how to stop watching tv...

WARNING:

you may not want to hear the following advice...it may hurt.

OPTION 1:

step 1: unplug your tv.
step 2: THROW IT AWAY!

OPTION 2:

step1: unplug your tv.
step 2: put it in your garage or somewhere far where you wont be bothered to walk to or a place you really dont like, or let a friend borrow it for a while.

OPTION 3:

Your lazy and you know it...your going through a psychological faze where you think you need something when really you can and WILL do better without it. Its like little 8 yr old girls thinking they need facials...anyayz...

ITS YOUR HSC YEAR...LESS THAN 4 MONTHS TO GO...IF YOU TRULEY WANTED TO DO WELL YOU'D SWITCH IT OFF...my advice...

>>> SWITCH IT OFF AND
>>> JUST DONT WATCH IT

sorry for screaming...lol...the only way i can knock some sense into you...goodluck! :)
ive got 5 tv's and the main 1 is kinda big ( not meaning to boost ) so chucking em away is impossible . I dunno ill try not to linger on the sofa , ILL TRY to just sit for my top 5 shows " hopes " .

AHH 153 days till HSC gapjgpe5-13u5-319jffgrgrw

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i'm addicted to tv too...and was all throughout the HSC but still managed to get into uni, but didn't do as well as i should have. just ask yourself...which one is more important ? i'm sure your hsc results will stay in your memory longer than whatever show you watched instead of studying

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You watch Today Tonight? WTF!!!! That is utter crap, you should just watch SBS news instead, at least you will learn something about the world.

Why don't you just tape the shows you want to watch, and then when you have done your school work/study for the week, reward yourself by catching up on the shows. Or just pick a couple of your favorites to watch and don't watch anything else. You have to discipline yourself if you need to study more for the HSC.

**BORED**

out calls only
HSC
hey wat the hell are urs on about 4 months 2 the hsc??? theres 150 days isnt that 5 months.

lol i really hope this aint ur hsc year

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
v sia said:
Well im sure of you have noticed that i post quite a bit on the " entertainment " section .

First of all ive tried to only watch around 5 shows a week that i really really have to watch like

1. My Restaurant Rules
2. Simpsons
3. Lost
4. Iron Chef
5. Battle Star Galactica

But lately , new shows started popping up like Jamie live and a show about futuristic gadgets And im starting to watch today tonight news . I especially hate it when im just sitting there flicking through shows for hours .

Its my HSC year and i want to do relatively well , anyone have any advice at all ?
If you're stupid enough to watch 90% of the crap that's on TV a * is assured, so I wouldn't let it bother me too much.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i wish i could stop watching t.v
its so bad
but bos is just as bad
for example ive been online straight since
9.00pm..thats 5 hours ..dam

kow_dude

HSC
Haha... i've been watching a lot of tv lately, but thankfully i did my hsc last year ^_^.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the more shows you watch, the more addicted you get
limit it, just choose your favourites and over time you'll forget about the others

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Today Tonight's not crap! very interesting indeed.. they raise good issues.. especially the one about food poisoning/contaminated Kebabs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)