Help I'll be missing out on some of year 11 (1 Viewer)

winonaforever

HSC
So I'm leaving to go overseas in a couple of weeks and will miss out on the first 3 weeks of year 11. Do you have any tips on catching up on the work? My half yearlies are during the last two weeks of first term... (subjects: 2u english, 2u maths, eco, bio, sac, business studies)

photastic

HSC
3 weeks is a long time and would require late nights including all day weekends to catch up. Simply ask your teachers what you are going to miss out.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
3 weeks is a long time and would require late nights including all day weekends to catch up. Simply ask your teachers what you are going to miss out.
They wouldn't have organised classes by now, it's too early into the holidays

What you can do however is to maybe buy or borrow the textbooks necessary from the library, meaning that you could get a start on note making

Then again different schools have different topic order

So I guess you're gonna have to be going all out once you come back :/

Axio

=o
HSC
So I'm leaving to go overseas in a couple of weeks and will miss out on the first 3 weeks of year 11. Do you have any tips on catching up on the work? My half yearlies are during the last two weeks of first term... (subjects: 2u english, 2u maths, eco, bio, sac, business studies)
English: Read text(s) and analyse, make notes, write an essay, etc
Maths: Do exercises
All the others: Start writing notes/reading textbooks/doing questions

Don't worry too much. Yr11 isn't that important.

Flop21

HSC
You'll be fine. Yeah you'll have to catch up, but if you want something to do - just write up some notes. Grab some off BOS, and use them to write your own.

astroman

HSC
English: Read text(s) and analyse, make notes, write an essay, etc
Maths: Do exercises
All the others: Start writing notes/reading textbooks/doing questions

Don't worry too much. Yr11 isn't that important.
haha

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Can I ask why it is important? Other than practice for the actual HSC.
You learn how to develop study patterns and learn how to organize yourself for your respective HSC year. Its an important year actually, everyone tells me this.

BrookeElise

HSC
You learn how to develop study patterns and learn how to organize yourself for your respective HSC year. Its an important year actually, everyone tells me this.
Exactly. And it seems like most people who give up in year eleven not only fall behind in year twelve, but also seem to keep their careless attitudes. It's a pretty vicious cycle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)