help -- illness appeals and uai's dropping (1 Viewer)

supervesie

if the predicted uai my school gave me was 98-99, and the predicted uai by someone on this forum was 95+, how much can the actual uai drop? i have had to appeal for one of my exams and the rest have been influenced by the drugs from the illness of the first, but i can't appeal for those because my doctor is a bastard and won't support me. in other words, my ranks won't stay the same for the hsc exam results.

so if anybody knows how much a predicted uai can drop, if my performance is not as was expected (perhaps ranked average at a selective school instead of in the top 10%), please let me know? i'm very worried about it all and about getting into my course. :-\

thanks for any help

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
As said, this is a prediction, it may or may not be accurate. No one knows.

You are going to have to wait to find out for sure because a lot of things can change and the predictions you get are based on past years trends.

sneeble

Keep in mind that when people post predictions, they are likely to be inaccurate for more reasons than just the fact scaled marks must be estimated...

Some people are more likely to be generous to the person, feeling bad about posting an estimated UAI that's far below their target.... Others might be wary about getting peoples hopes up, and so they post something lower than they think, and biff in the line "you might do better"... It's hard to be objective when providing estimations.

Anyway, my point is, estimations are just that... There's numerous reasons why they shouldn't be relied on.

supervesie

yeah, i know that. i was more wondering how much marks can drop if i got mid-80s instead of, say, low 90s for my hsc exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)