Help me figure out my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Willohfish

HSC
N/A
I'm a little lost as to how this works, I've tried ATAR calculators but I'm not entirely sure about them. So I'll ask you guys for help~.

I'm doing my HSC over two years, last year my end-of-year marks were:

87 in Biology (1st/19)
90 in Ancient History (2nd/27)
72 in Chemistry (3rd/15)

This year, I haven't done as well. For my trials I got:

78 in Legal Studies (2/17)
80 in Advanced English (3/24)

I'm really not sure I did much better in the HSC English exam, but I'm pretty confident I can boost my Legal marks to at least an 85.

So, what am I looking at here?

EDIT: I'm doing my HSC through TAFE, and I haven't been able to find a school rank, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was just looking in the wrong places...

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Going off your previous marks, I'd say mid-80's, chemistry will drag you down.

Willohfish

HSC
N/A
Going off your previous marks, I'd say mid-80's, chemistry will drag you down.
A teacher of mine told me that last year's marks hadn't been scaled because I'd not done English, estimating that Chemistry's 72 would go up to around 82. Is that right? I haven't come across anyone else who has done their HSC over two years before, and there isn't any info online that I know of.

barbernator

HSC
A teacher of mine told me that last year's marks hadn't been scaled because I'd not done English, estimating that Chemistry's 72 would go up to around 82. Is that right? I haven't come across anyone else who has done their HSC over two years before, and there isn't any info online that I know of.
No i don't think that is right. You never get your scaled marks anyway, only your aligned marks, and you do not have to sit english for you raw marks to be aligned, so i'd be pretty sure that 72 is what you got sorry :(

brettymaccc

HSC
I think you guys are being a little too harsh.

80/105 for Advanced is, at worst, an ~87.
78 for Legal is, at worst, an ~84.

Threw in all those HSC Marks into a calculator, gave 89.

2011_

HSC
I'm doing my HSC over 2 years, although I did English in my first year, so I can't be sure but I *think* 72 would be your final Chemistry mark. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)