Help me with my career... please! (1 Viewer)

khosanman

HSC
Ok message received! No dumping!

Anyway, I got a job interview tomorrow with a small equity research firm here in melbourne, do you think this is worth taking should they want me.

Or am I better off staying in audit?

Thanks

khosanman

HSC
what im saying here is, if i want to get into an equity analyst role eventually with a bigger firm, am I better off doing 1 year audit experience at a top 30 accouunting firm and a bit of my CA, or going to a small research firm like this, and getting direct equity analyst experience and hopfeully being able to do a CFA with them?

all advice appreciated

is a roflcopter
HSC
are you likely to commit a massacre at your audit workplaces because you hate it?

:p

khosanman

HSC
Newbie said:
are you likely to commit a massacre at your audit workplaces because you hate it?

:p
Possibly.

But lets say I dont, what do you think?

Monstar

HSC
lol no offense man, but it took you a fairly long time to find out accounitng wasnt for you...

Conspirocy

HSC
Monstar said:
lol no offense man, but it took you a fairly long time to find out accounitng wasnt for you...
it took me two sessions of accounting at uni and a work placement to figure out it wasnt for me...guess what, not many choices for work now...

khosanman

HSC
Well the good thing about audit is that u can move into so many different areas of business with experience in it. Thats why I did it.

Anyway, it still begs the question, do I go for this equity research analyst job with a small boutique firm as they call themselves and they have told me I can undertake a CA. Or do I stick it out in my auditing job I have been in for a month with a bigger firm in the BRWtop 30 accounting firms, where I will begin my CA.

Its a hard decision. I am willing to stick it out if in the long run Im better off beginning my CA at the firm im currently at.

So..?

khosanman

HSC
DEcided the firm was too small and dodgy so didnt go to the interview.

So still auditing and hating it .

Not many jobs out there in investments for a lad with my limited experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)